• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Oh, no.....Teeth. UPDATE post 15 ...They're home now.

Oh no! Rosie's got a mouth full of spurs. I noticed all the pellets weren't being eaten. Someone was peeing outside the litter tray and Rosie was doing an awful lot of sneezing and was very reluctant to leave the warmth of the snuggle box. Also, Heather has put on loads of weight. I thought a trip to the vets was due. Dental will be Thursday. Poor Rosie, she's only a little grey lionhead.
20150901_143506.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Awwwww poor girlie, I hope the Dental goes well. Is she having some Metacam to try to keep her comfortable til Thursday ?

Yes. The metacam is sort of standard procedure at our vets. It was difficult to tell who was peeing everywhere, they're usually so very clean. I have had sneezy buns before, which turned out to be dental problems. I've been psyching myself up to book Bracken in for his neuter. Can't deal with that yet. Crikey, it's always something!

Oh no! Rosie's got a mouth full of spurs. I noticed all the pellets weren't being eaten. Someone was peeing outside the litter tray and Rosie was doing an awful lot of sneezing and was very reluctant to leave the warmth of the snuggle box. Also, Heather has put on loads of weight. I thought a trip to the vets was due. Dental will be Thursday. Poor Rosie, she's only a little grey lionhead.
20150901_143506.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh dear, poor little girlie :(

hope the dental goes well x

Sorry to hear about Rosie's teeth. She is such a pretty bunny! Hope everything goes well on Thursday at the Vets.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Obviously, I'm very worried. I don't know how old my girls are. According to the rspca paperwork Rosie would be 4 years old now and Heather would be 5. As they were used for breeding and went into rescue with 28 other rabbits and guinea pigs, it's a bit of a mystery as to how old any of them were.

Will be thinking of you and Rosie tomorrow. Just home with Treacle after hers, she's one very sleepy little girl, but was a star patient apparently. Flippin bunny teeth :roll:

Will be thinking of you and Rosie tomorrow. Just home with Treacle after hers, she's one very sleepy little girl, but was a star patient apparently. Flippin bunny teeth :roll:

Thank you. So very glad Treacle's home and hopefully well sorted. They're such a worry. Sending Treacle lots of healing vibes. xxxxxx

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes. I've just made up their lunchbox and will take Heather in with her to help her recovery .
Ready%20for%20vet%20trip.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just had phone call from vet. Rosie's teeth have been done. Bladder xrayed......clear! Urine test......she has an infection.......hence the peeing everywhere. Picking up at 4 ish with antibiotics. ..Phew....I'm so relieved!

That's great news, so pleased it went well, now you can breathe ! Hope the abx get to work quickly xx

Just had phone call from vet. Rosie's teeth have been done. Bladder xrayed......clear! Urine test......she has an infection.......hence the peeing everywhere. Picking up at 4 ish with antibiotics. ..Phew....I'm so relieved!

I'm glad that the Dental went well and I hope that the abx get rid of her UTI x

Back