• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Treacles dental appreciated

Pets mum

Wise Old Thumper
My little girlie is going in for a dental tomorrow, she's managed to go 18 weeks this time, bless her. I am taking her to a different vet this time, which means a 70 mile round trip. The guy who is seeing her, is fairly new to this practice. I've had a good chat with him on the phone, and he is really experienced with rabbits, he's even swapped surgery days with another vet, so that he can do Treacle. This is a small animal practice, unlike the more local one I've had to use up to now, which is more a farm or dog, based one.
Fortunately I've got a friend who is taking us, and waiting to bring us back.
Any spare vibes for my Treacle would be very much appreciated, thank you :)

My little girlie is going in for a dental tomorrow, she's managed to go 18 weeks this time, bless her. I am taking her to a different vet this time, which means a 70 mile round trip. The guy who is seeing her, is fairly new to this practice. I've had a good chat with him on the phone, and he is really experienced with rabbits, he's even swapped surgery days with another vet, so that he can do Treacle. This is a small animal practice, unlike the more local one I've had to use up to now, which is more a farm or dog, based one.

Lots and lots of vibes on their way up North. I hope the weather is kind to you for the long journey xx

18 months is a good interval between dentals - well done that girlie :D

How long will it take you to get there Pets Mum?

Loads of vibes for the dental :wave:

18 months is a good interval between dentals - well done that girlie :D

How long will it take you to get there Pets Mum?

Loads of vibes for the dental :wave:
Weeks MM :) what have they got you on in that hospital huh? ;)

Lots of vibes being sent for the dental treatment. I hope the vet impresses you and it all goes smoothly

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Loads of vibes coming your way. My Rosie's in the same boat. Her dental is Thursday and only 5 miles away from us. Good luck with Treacle's dental and take care on your long trip. xxxxx

Many thanks everyone, it's so reassuring knowing others understand the worry.

MM-18 months ! I wish ! :roll:

JJ- no snow forecast, so hope that doesn't change !

Fluffy bunny, good luck for Rosie's dental, hope all goes well.

Many thanks everyone, it's so reassuring knowing others understand the worry.

MM-18 months ! I wish ! :roll:

JJ- no snow forecast, so hope that doesn't change !

Fluffy bunny, good luck for Rosie's dental, hope all goes well.

Oh grief :shock:

so sorry, I read it wrong! Have had my head full of hospital stuff this afternoon - many apologies!

Sorry for late reply folks, iPad went dead ! Thank you both for asking, Treacle got on great, and I am so impressed by this vet ! He took X-rays first, and spent a lot of time getting the teeth just right. She had Spurs both sides, top and bottom, and a small ulcer on her tongue, poor baby, she hid that well ! I had a proper appointment when I dropped her off, and time for a good chat with the vet, and the same when I picked her up. Maybe that sounds normal to most folk, but the other place that I've been going to, just take the carrier off me in reception, and hand her back the same way. I've had to ask how it went, and only get a vague answer. I feel really chuffed, he said he could tell how well loved and cared for she is. She's back home and settled in, and she jumped into the hay box and started chomping straight away ! It was a long day, having to go all that way, and the waiting around, but so worth it :)

Sorry for late reply folks, iPad went dead ! Thank you both for asking, Treacle got on great, and I am so impressed by this vet ! He took X-rays first, and spent a lot of time getting the teeth just right. She had Spurs both sides, top and bottom, and a small ulcer on her tongue, poor baby, she hid that well ! I had a proper appointment when I dropped her off, and time for a good chat with the vet, and the same when I picked her up. Maybe that sounds normal to most folk, but the other place that I've been going to, just take the carrier off me in reception, and hand her back the same way. I've had to ask how it went, and only get a vague answer. I feel really chuffed, he said he could tell how well loved and cared for she is. She's back home and settled in, and she jumped into the hay box and started chomping straight away ! It was a long day, having to go all that way, and the waiting around, but so worth it :)

That's absolutely brilliant! You've had the perfect experience, and I hope if you have to do it again, it will go as well for Treacle :D

Back