• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gracie is home

Hi all, Gracie (AKA Anika) came home with Alfie today. I've missed him the past few days but he was better off at the rescue spending a few days with Gracie while we moved house. (I'm so sore *LOL*)

Well a big surprise, we thought she was just small and the same age as Alfie, turns out she is four months on Wednesday. She LOVES food, OMG can this bun eat which is good as Judy at the rescue want us to "fatten her up" for speying.

Alfie loves her, in fact when I was giving her a little scratch he came charging over to see what I was up to *LOL*. She dotes on him with lots of cuddles and grooming.

The following pics show them eating, grooming, flopping, eating, exploring, eating, spooning and of course, two floofy butts! They have plenty of room for night time (see pic) but these are free range house buns. We will improve this with more toys, cushions etc. They will also be getting some outside area as well.

Well that's about it, I think two things need to be said, I think Alfie is a very happy boy now. These are social animals with a highly developed social structure, they do better in pairs and groups. Second, we had a crappy experience with the dodgy back yard breeder we got Alfie from, never again. I feel good that we have given a rescue a family and a safe home. (and the dogs face was priceless "what, two of them!!!")

Enjoy a few pics, sure there will be many more to come.

P.S. What do you think, Broken orange or chocolate / orange tri colour? She has got chocolate on her.

Gracie1.JPG

Gracie2.JPG

Gracie3.JPG

Gracie4.JPG

Gracie5.JPG

Gracie6.JPG

Gracie7.JPG

Gracie8.JPG

Gracie9.JPG

Gracie10.JPG

Gracie11.jpg

Last edited: