• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit Noises

how vocal is your bunny?

• he talks / squeaks daily!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • occasionally he gives a small squeak!

• never talks ! not a squeak !

• Total voters

Mubby

Banned
Hi i was just wondering if anyone has rabbits that make alot of noise ?

the first day we got Mubby he made a very sweet little squeak , but we havent heard it since!

he does the little grinding teeth noise when he gets cuddles , and he makes a very faint kinda beathing squeak when he gets tickled but you have to have him to your ear to hear him! lol :lol:

so what makes rabbits squeak ?

nicola x

You left out growling! Some of my rabbits do a lot of that :(

And that buzzing noise that a male rabbit makes when he is attracted to your ankles :oops: This is usually accompanied by circling and some quite rough nips and perhaps a nasty spray of urine :( Luckily neutering gets rid of this behaviour.

Isadora made some adorable sort of panting type squeaks while Merlin wasn't being nice to her. They seemed to be girlish flirty sort of noises designed to calm him down as he kept nipping her when she asked to be groomed. (This after she gave up taking lumps out of him. He had reason to be distrustful.)
I also heard her making that tooth purr noise when she finally got him to cuddle up to her. I hadn't heard any of my others do that, although Thistle did it yesterday after he realised that he loves Shadow and doesn't really want to rip her eyes out. I seem to have made those two extremley happy anyway. :lol:

When we had Truffle (before Sunshine adopted her) she was MENTAL!!!! She would dash about squeaking, sqealing, grunting and humming all the time, she was exhausting to watch and the NOISIEST bun I'd ever heard!. She would sit on your head, run round your shoulders, do very impressive 'harrier jump jet' leaps etc. I think she quietened down a bit after she got spayed, but I'm not sure if she still does those things...........Anne?

Smokey, my chin rex, used to groan, purr and snore so much when he got a massage, we had to turn the volume up on the telly :lol: ......... I miss my Smokey :cry:

Current buns are all pretty quiet except Bear! (sorry Adele! :? ) He's quite vocal just now :? Oh, and Whiskey can be quite chatty too.

I have more than one that squeks at me all the time, i think its because they are bucks not done and they get very excited. val

Lynda, unfortunately Truffle is a very quiet bun now she's Bambi's lady friend although she's still into climbing in a big way. Mick built a big shelf in their bunny house and the pair of them lie and sleep on it during the day. He also built a ramp for them to go up and down to it but I've only ever seen Bambi use it - Truffle prefers to jump onto a cardboard box then onto her shelf. :bunny:

The cutest thing Truufle does just now is that if she isn't pleased with you she flicks her back feet at you as she runs away. :lol:

As far as noisy bunnies go Harvey is the noisiest bunny I have ever met. He grunts at anything and everything including any cats that are foolish enough to be passing by. :twisted: :rabbit2: I think the reason he is so vocal is that he hasn't been neutered yet.

Current buns are all pretty quiet except Bear! (sorry Adele! ) He's quite vocal just now Oh, and Whiskey can be quite chatty too

Lynda are your current buns like hot cross buns or are they more like cloutie dumplings? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sunshine said:
Current buns are all pretty quiet except Bear! (sorry Adele! ) He's quite vocal just now Oh, and Whiskey can be quite chatty too

Lynda are your current buns like hot cross buns or are they more like cloutie dumplings? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lmaooooooo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh puleeeez................ :lol: , give me cloutie dumpling any time hmmmmmmm, hey that reminds me, my mum didn't make one for my b/d this year :cry: I always get one with coins in :cry: Maaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

Our bunnies make noises rangeing from snores, grunts, whistles, baby chortles .......and I even heard one pass wind the other day :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....that sound certainly blew me away!! :oops: :p :lol: :lol:

Ps Lynda, you did not tell me that Bear was a LOUD bunny..do I need ear plugs then :lol: :lol:

1.gif
Bunny Puffs!!!!
13.gif

Re. Bear maaaayyyyybbbbeee............................

bunnyhuggger said:
1.gif
Bunny Puffs!!!!
13.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh Lynda, I was baiting you, I just knew you would have to appear with a very appropriate farting icon..how could you resist the temptation :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Couldn't :lol:

I remember Smokey used to fartt (had to miss-spell cos Tam stuck the proper spelling of it in her bleeper machine), he usually did it whilst under the dinner table when we were eating, jeeeez that bun could let rip with some stinkers! :lol:

bunnyhuggger said:
Couldn't :lol:

I remember Smokey used to **** jeeeez that bun could let rip with some stinkers! :lol:

Yes, bet he was competing with your Lynda. :twisted: ...who could stink whom out first...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bunnyhuggger said:
(had to miss-spell cos Tam stuck the proper spelling of it in her bleeper machine)

I think you may have slighty missed the point of my beeping machine :roll: :lol:

You know my beeping machine doesn't just beep it can switch words.... sooooo I could replace "Lynda" with "the bonkers bunny women" :twisted: :lol:

Not that I would do such a thing :angel:

Tamsin said:
bunnyhuggger said:
(had to miss-spell cos Tam stuck the proper spelling of it in her bleeper machine)

I think you may have slighty missed the point of my beeping machine :roll: :lol:

Yes Tamsin, Lynda seems to miss the point of most things, mind you, she is in a World class all of her own :p ....hang about DELETE that...Lynda is not of this Earth at ALL Tamsin.... :lol: :lol: :lol:...Lynda has been blasted into the Mad Ethos by wind blowing bunnies!!!!!.:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adele said:
Yes, bet he was competing with your Lynda. :twisted: ...who could stink whom out first...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: I'll have you know I'm in the same league as Her Maj the Queen, one does not ****, poop, pee, burp, yawn at all!!!! And if Jim even THOUGHT about trumping in front of me, he'd get a thick ear!!! :lol:

Tamsin said:
You know my beeping machine doesn't just beep it can switch words.... sooooo I could replace "Lynda" with "the bonkers bunny women" :twisted: :lol:

Not that I would do such a thing :angel:

4.gif

Back