• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carriers

AlyT

New Kit
Morning everyone, not sure exactly where this post belongs!!

I'm adopting 3 sisters and am wondering the best carrier for them. Do I get a big one that fits all 3 or get 2 but that means separating them?

If there are any recommendations I'd love to see them.

Setting up a shopping list for them bit stressing a bit as waiting on gardeners coming in to take up the turf and lay some slabs.......

Any other handy things to buy, things you have found useful bit wouldn't be a 'normal ' thing to buy I would love to hear too.

Thanks [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How big are they? I would recommend a large one that fits all 3 I have a ferplast atlas mini that I used when I had a quad of rabbits, it's easy to lift having a handle on each end at the top and front opening too :)

Thank you, did you find that they had enough space? I'll have a look for it. The ad says they're medium sized. Can't see how to add a photo on here though!

I have a catit cabrio for my 3 - I love the carrier as it's really easy to get them out at the vet but it's not overly big. I also have this one http://www.wilko.com/cat-beds-and-carriers/wilko-pet-carrier-assorted-colours-medium/invt/0080183 which is slightly bigger and good value. The wilkos one is also a bit lighter so easier to carry with 3 rabbits in it.

I would definitely get 1 rather than 2 so you can keep them together for vet visits etc. I had my 3 at the vet today for a check up and used the catit cabrio - they all chose to sit squished at the back of the carrier because they're not too keen on the car / vet - they didn't actually use all the available space and prefer to huddle together.

PS are you adopting my 3 foster girls by any chance?!

Thank you, did you find that they had enough space? I'll have a look for it. The ad says they're medium sized. Can't see how to add a photo on here though!

Yes, it is a large carrier. I had 4 smallish (around1.5kg) rabbits in it, and they had loads of room.

I have a catit cabrio for my 3 - I love the carrier as it's really easy to get them out at the vet but it's not overly big. I also have this one http://www.wilko.com/cat-beds-and-carriers/wilko-pet-carrier-assorted-colours-medium/invt/0080183 which is slightly bigger and good value. The wilkos one is also a bit lighter so easier to carry with 3 rabbits in it.

I would definitely get 1 rather than 2 so you can keep them together for vet visits etc. I had my 3 at the vet today for a check up and used the catit cabrio - they all chose to sit squished at the back of the carrier because they're not too keen on the car / vet - they didn't actually use all the available space and prefer to huddle together.

PS are you adopting my 3 foster girls by any chance?!
I'll have a look at those, thanks!!

I'm adopting through Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care? Not sure if it will be the same buns?

Desperately trying to get the playhouse renovation moving and the garden sorted!

Alyson

Is it these 3?

It is!! Harrier, Kite and Osprey? To be renamed as the Gotham Sirens - Harley, Selina and Ivy [emoji4].

I'll have so many questions for you!! I'm thinking of getting a cat flap on the side of the playhouse for access to their run, do you think they would be OK using it?

Alyson

That's the ones :D they are fab, you'll love them! Love their new names - I don't know who is who so they don't get called their rescue names at the moment (kids have given them nicknames, we can tell them apart by where they have tiny bits of white hair!) They use a catflap just now - I have a shed & run setup for my fosters, they've been absolutely fine using it.

This is awesome! What a coincidence! Rest assured I'll be picking your brain on their likes and dislikes!! I'll need pointers on telling them apart too 😂

PM me any time, I love talking about them lol. I'll be taking them to be neutered in a couple of weeks so will be able to tell you then how much room they have in the wilkos carrier ;)

Thank you!! I'll definitely be PM'ing once I start buying things!

Back