• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moody rabbit

Hello my rabbit sweep has been acting bit moody lately, she is neutered, i have heard before (might sound bit weird) that rabbits get moody in January month because of the changing of the sun light. Has anyone else heard this. My rabbits always like this every January i call it moody month.

Hi I don't know if it's a thing or not but my oldest girl jess is extremely moody and acting differently the last couple of weeks I even took her to the vet as I was worried she was ill but vet gave her 100% healthy

Hello, yes it looks like it's not just my bun then I'm sure I have heard about moody January before. My mom's scared stiff going round my bun at the moment she chases you goes for the ankles and growls. She's a big bun too.

Sounds like she's having a spring fever moment.
It is where their body clocks tell them it's getting close to the best time to have babies.

Maybe try using some pet remedy? I'm not sure how effective it is when a bun is experiencing spring fever but worth a try.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

It does sound like spring fever. Even neutered rabbits may show symptoms, but but should pass in a week or two.
My chipmunks are driving the girls nuts with their constant chirruping at the moment due to longer daylight hours. This is definitely chipmunk spring fever time.

Yes thankyou i did have some pet remedy i gave it to a friend it is good the cat loved it. Sounds like a few people are experiencing similar things with their animals must be confusing for animals with their instinct telling them its time to get nests ready.

Back