• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfie is home and I'm bunniless

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
If bunniless is even a word......

Alfie's ashes came home to me today; it all feels very final and somehow more real now. :cry: Probably not helped by the fact that Muffin has also left so I am now without bunnies for the first time in 8 and a half years. :(

As I explained in other threads a while back, Muffin was only ever mine 'on loan', for want of a better phrase..... Alfie had lost his previous friend, was fighting ear abscesses at the same time and was finding it very tough. At the same time, I wasn't sure whether to take on another rabbit as I was trying to break the bunny-owning cycle but Alfie's health was suffering. The vet treating Alfie had a lone bunny and, very kindly, let me take Muffin on with the agreement that she could return if/when I lost Alfie.

Having Muffin improved Alfie's quality of life no end and I'm sure he wouldn't have coped with all his treatment half as well had he been alone. On a positive note, Muffin has gone to live with a male bunny of a similar age; bonding's going very well as the pair of them just seem to be spending their time eating..... :lol::lol:

I'm sorry :cry: even though you decided not to carry on with the bunny owning cycle, it must be so difficult in these circumstances. Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

I'm sorry to hear about Muffin, but do understand the arrangement. Also, sending big hugs for you today as you remember your dear companion, Alfie. ((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))) :cry:
I only received Pip's ashes a week ago and am still coming to grips with it all. I don't know how I will cope when the boys leave me, it will be a strange place in my home without bunnies. :(
I do hope you will still be posting and modding here though. :love: xxxx

Alfie's ashes came home to me today; it all feels very final and somehow more real now. :cry: Probably not helped by the fact that Muffin has also left so I am now without bunnies for the first time in 8 and a half years. :(

As I explained in other threads a while back, Muffin was only ever mine 'on loan', for want of a better phrase..... Alfie had lost his previous friend, was fighting ear abscesses at the same time and was finding it very tough. At the same time, I wasn't sure whether to take on another rabbit as I was trying to break the bunny-owning cycle but Alfie's health was suffering. The vet treating Alfie had a lone bunny and, very kindly, let me take Muffin on with the agreement that she could return if/when I lost Alfie.

Having Muffin improved Alfie's quality of life no end and I'm sure he wouldn't have coped with all his treatment half as well had he been alone. On a positive note, Muffin has gone to live with a male bunny of a similar age; bonding's going very well as the pair of them just seem to be spending their time eating..... :lol::lol:

(((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))) xx

Thank you for taking the time to reply, it's much appreciated. :love:

It's a time of mixed emotions - obviously I knew Muffin was never really 'mine' but I loved and cared for her as though she was but I'm comforted to know that she's settling with another friend already; it's what she deserves.

And I'll still be around; you won't get rid of me that easily. :lol::lol::lol:

:(

I remember my world/house felt very empty without bunnies, even with other animals to care for. That said, a part of me felt incredible relief from not having sick bunnies and the constant fear of stasis out of my life.

So sorry Karen. Sending you loads of hugs xxx

Good news of Muffin :)

That said, a part of me felt incredible relief from not having sick bunnies and the constant fear of stasis out of my life.

I know exactly what you mean, Sarah. It can be very draining at times and, once they're ill, there's still the constant niggle in the back of your mind about how they're actually doing, even when they seem fine. I loved having bunnies but I won't miss the stress. :(

Thanks MM x

I'm sorry I've only just seen this :(

Hugs being sent to you xx at least he is now home and with you xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Oh Karen so sorry xx I know how you feel, I lost Pansy, Boo and Albert within months of each other and am now bunniless for the first time in over 10 years...it's an awful feeling, very empty..but was so stressful losing them all that I can't face it again yet :(

So sorry :cry: It certainly can be very stressful being a bunny parent, but they leave such a hole in your life when they're gone :cry:

Oh Lou, I didn't realise you were without bunnies too. :( So sorry to hear that.

It still doesn't seem real - I still keep finding myself looking out of the window at the kennel/run or saving my veggie peelings to feed them etc.

Oh Karen so sorry xx I know how you feel, I lost Pansy, Boo and Albert within months of each other and am now bunniless for the first time in over 10 years...it's an awful feeling, very empty..but was so stressful losing them all that I can't face it again yet :(

I'm so sorry:cry: it is awful :cry: thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Oh Lou, I didn't realise you were without bunnies too. :( So sorry to hear that.

It still doesn't seem real - I still keep finding myself looking out of the window at the kennel/run or saving my veggie peelings to feed them etc.

I am bunniless too now since losing Boots a week ago :cry: I know exactly what you mean, I keep doing the same thing with the veg, and keep expecting to see him even though I know he has gone :cry: it's almost like your brain playing an awful trick all the time :cry:

Sending hugs to you too xx

Sending hugs to you too Zoobec. Xx You're right, the mind plays some really cruel tricks sometimes. :(

Back