• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Mouse & her ears, again

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Recently Mouse is ignoring me (she used to rush over as soon as I called her name) & I'm wondering if she has become hard of hearing. She appears well & has no other symptoms I can tell off. She is a brave bunny, when she had head tilt her only symptom was head tilt:) when Boo groomed her ears in to a state of baldness that was the only reason her ear infection was diagnosed.

So I'm guessing wax / further infection? Or maybe she just doesn't love me anymore

Recently Mouse is ignoring me (she used to rush over as soon as I called her name) & I'm wondering if she has become hard of hearing. She appears well & has no other symptoms I can tell off. She is a brave bunny, when she had head tilt her only symptom was head tilt:) when Boo groomed her ears in to a state of baldness that was the only reason her ear infection was diagnosed.

So I'm guessing wax / further infection? Or maybe she just doesn't love me anymore

If she has a large accumulation of gunk in her ears that can impede hearing. As she has a history of ear trouble I'd get the Vet to check in her ears :)

If she has a large accumulation of gunk in her ears that can impede hearing. As she has a history of ear trouble I'd get the Vet to check in her ears :)

Thanks for your reply Jane. They are all booked in for filivac on Monday morning - good timing for once, so I'll make sure the vet has a good look x

Aw, my Mimz has a terrible time with ear wax, so I feel your pain. :( I literally can get plugs of it out of his ear canals. It's scary. :shock:
Vibes for wee Mouse. And also for their jabs. :love: xxxx

Thank You both for the vibes. I've tried to have a nosey myself but can't see (or smell) anything ...she doesn't help me out, rather manically bobs her head about to avoid being examined:roll: I know I wouldn't necessarily see anything anyway since all rabbit ears are different; I remember when FHB first looked in Nooodles ears she said you can see the ear drum, apparently thats pretty unusual . I'll see what Monday brings

Aw hope it goes well. We call our Rosie little mouse because she's small and grey and reminds us of a little mouse!

Thanks all. I'm not going to panic as she seems so well.

Aw hope it goes well. We call our Rosie little mouse because she's small and grey and reminds us of a little mouse!

awww. We named her Mouse owing to her beautiful eyes, big ears & timid nature... ours is a fairly big bun though -3k

Are you going to Crab Lane, or local? Has her ignoring you only just started?

We're going to Skipton. I'm still getting to grips with this vet but she is very nice & appears bunny savvy & refers to Crab Lane a lot anyway. As it was booked for vaccinations it is less hassle for us & buns to travel 25 mins there rather than 45. I don't think she has been ignoring me for ages but I am slow in putting the pieces together. I didn't work out Boo was deaf for ages (recognised eye sight issues right away though). She might just have got to the end of her tether with me disturbing her all the time or worked out the difference between my have food & want cuddles calls :lol:

We're going to Skipton. I'm still getting to grips with this vet but she is very nice & appears bunny savvy & refers to Crab Lane a lot anyway. As it was booked for vaccinations it is less hassle for us & buns to travel 25 mins there rather than 45. I don't think she has been ignoring me for ages but I am slow in putting the pieces together. I didn't work out Boo was deaf for ages (recognised eye sight issues right away though). She might just have got to the end of her tether with me disturbing her all the time or worked out the difference between my have food & want cuddles calls :lol:

I hope there's no problem with her ears :)

Let's face it, she'd be pretty unlikely to have ear infections or gunk in *both* ears sufficient to make her deaf, but I guess it's a remote possibility.
I'm glad she will be checked out anyway real soon, to put all minds at rest.

Hopefully she's just sussing you out xx

Sending lots of vibes for Mouse, Joey and Boo for tomorrow, Mouse for her ear examination and all of them for their vaccination.

Topping up the vibes for my beautiful God-Bunnies xxx
Special kisses to little Mouse who will probably ignore you even more for letting the mean vet look at her beautiful ears

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

good news ...she is just ignoring me:lol: vet was very complimentary about the massive poos she laid on the table, I was glowing with pride (best complment ever)

All jabbed - now whether to return at 6 mths or 12 :?

good news ...she is just ignoring me:lol: vet was very complimentary about the massive poos she laid on the table, I was glowing with pride (best complment ever)

All jabbed - now whether to return at 6 mths or 12 :?

I'm glad that all went well :)

Back