• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Shop done good!

Hmmm while trawling the net in search of yet more treats for my gorgoeus babies, I stumbled across this on-line petshop.

It would appear that the genuinely care about animals. I was very pleased about the rabbit care.pdf that they have published on thier website. I assume they give it out to people who are considering buying a rabbit. I must admit it doesn't subscribe to all the political/welfare issues that come up on this forum i.e Guineas and Buns together and I personally would prefer a larger hutch size recommendation for 2 rabbits but it is a terrific effort. Much better than "you know who's".

http://www.petscorner.co.uk/pdf/Rabbits.pdf

We should encourage this kind of behavior from the pet stores. We are quick to critisise (and so we should be if they are getting it wrong) but likewise when they are getting it right we should support them.

Just my two cents worth.

Holly Go-Lightly said:
We should encourage this kind of behavior from the pet stores. We are quick to critisise (and so we should be if they are getting it wrong) but likewise when they are getting it right we should support them.

Just my two cents worth.

A very good comment indeed and I thought that the brochure was very professionally produced. I could sit here and pick holes in it, as many no doubt will, but would rather praise the posative effort that they have made rather than accentuate the negative.

Two options really, work against the pet shops or work with them. Pet shops sell rabbits because people want to buy rabbits. You can work against that if you wish or you can work with them.

I think that pet shops have come a long way in the past few years (chain stores) but have a long way to go. Just once in a while it might be worth people actually acknowledging that and giving just a little praise for what they have achieved.

Totally agree :)

Impressive effort, of course there are flaws, but overall it isn't bad.

Back