• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mouse the squirrel?

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Since we moved to this house we both noticed Mouse can often be found tucked away in a quiet corner, munching on treat food, typically a green leaf. Now my bunnies are really greedy & everything is wolfed down in 5 minutes. It felt like a coincidence that it is was always Mouse who found any stray leaf. Last night I fed them a tangled bundle of dandelion & plantain. Mouse ran off with a good portion of it & yet was eating back with the others a few seconds later. We watched her closely & it seemed only when J&B had settled for after supper naps she returned to her hidden stash. OH says in a tone of pure indignation "I knew it, she had to be squirrelling food" (as though he'd caught her smoking :lol:).

Its really weird though, to me that is dog behaviour, it doesn't seem very bunny at all. I'm still inclined to think it was an accident. Have you experienced a bunny hiding or squirrelling food?

Yes, my Heather will run off with apple, then goes back and carries on eating with Rosie. Heather then goes back and eats her apple.

Phoebe does this too - not all the time but if there is enough of it she will

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Aboleth tried it the other day but Lopsy found it first :lol: I was more shocked mine were SHARING! Like, actual, side-by-side eating a treat, in this case apple. And when Aboleth had finished hers, she shared Lopsy's! Thankfully the next day they were back to normal, running off to opposite corners before Aboleth, having finished hers first, chased Lopsy for his :roll: :lol:

Back