• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I did a very bad thing... (oops)

DarceyH

Warren Scout
It's been a while since I posted, but I think this story needed to be shared!

So I just happened to adopt another rescue bunny last week. He is absoloutly gorgeous and was desperately in need of saving. However, I am currently at uni in Kent and my two other buns are at home in London. I do hope to introduce them all when I graduate (hopefully) in June, although (and this is where the bad thing comes into play) I have yet to tell my parents (who own the house and did recently tell me 'no more animals') that I have acquired him... I feel they won't be best pleased.

In the mean time, rescue bun (recently renamed Odbert after one of the psychologists I studied for my January exams) is unbelievably confident. He was binkying and flopping about 2 minutes after we got him home (he is currently staying at my best friends flat as I can't have animals where I am so he is co parented though I am always here) and is constantly asking us for attention. He did manage to break out of his cage the other morning as we over slept and he decided we were taking too long to let him out for the day.
Trust me to adopt Houdini-bun!

He will be being neuterd soon (thanks to the charity however I wound have had him done anyway) and hopefully that will settle some of his energy and his new addiction to circling, grunting at and nipping me (he has an odd fascination with my knees).

I would love to post some photos of him however I'm on my phone and not sure how! I'll try to add some later!

Thanks for listening to me rambling!

Darcey and new fluff-butt Odbert (hopefully his new buddies will love him as much as I already do too!)

Aww he sounds ever such fun. Could you get a puppy pen to put around his cage so that he could have more space at night? Dawn and dusk are the times when they are most lively.

Hope your family are ok with the news and that he bonds well when the time comes.

He is great fun indeed! Just been booked in for his neuter for the week after next! We do have a puppy pen on the way though he does have a large cage (the Krolik extender with house) at 6 foot which he is normally quite happy in at night and he normally puts himself to bed. It's just the mornings that are the big problem!

I hope he will get on with the others too! They seem like a good personality match but time will tell! I'm pretty sure that the fam will be fine too, they love my other buns :)

Back