• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chewing everything

Linuxete

Warren Scout
Hi. My rabbit is 5 months old and he likes to chew non edible things. Such as fabrics, wooden stuff, plastic bags, his cage plastic parts etc. What could this mean?

Išsiųsta naudojantis C6903 Tapatalk 4 Lt

One of my rabbits does that, I give him loads of things to chew, especially cardboard boxes! They have tons of hay too. Since he's been in with other rabbits, he doesn't chew as much, so maybe getting your rabbit a friend would help?

Well he has lots of cardboard boxes, hay rolls and other toys, but he's more i

He's more interested in chewing other things. Mostly fabrics and my bed. I can't get him a friend, we don't have much place. So another rabbit is not an option.

Is he neutered and does he have mentally challenging things to do?
Such as having to figure out a puzzle to get his pellets or veg.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

No, he's not neutered. He's not spraying his urine, just marks his teritory with poops and does some "chining".
He has a lot of toys, that are mentally chalenging. He just loves chewing my carpet and blanket a lot more than anything else.

They simply love chewing, give him something tasty for that urge, mine get willow twigs and branches (up to 3"(75mm) diameter) to chew on, and there are a lot of save trees.

I gave him an Apple tree branch, but he wasn't interested at all, just sniffed and ran away. I guess he's a weird bun :)

Back