• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need some vibes for my big man :cry:

SJH

Warren Veteran
I've been away over night for work. When I left Hector didn't seem quite right but nothing I could put my finger on. My mum is with him. I'm on my way home and will be back around 8:30 but she's just phoned me to say he's really flat and his ears are cold. She's given him metacam and is giving him tlc but I just want to get home to see him.

Poor big man. :cry:

Thank you. She's put his box of forage in his bed with him and he's having a bit of a munch so that's good. I think I'll let him sleep on my bed tonight unless we have to do an emergency vet visit. I hate having to go away and leave him (even though he is well cared for and waited on hand and foot by my mum!)

I've been away over night for work. When I left Hector didn't seem quite right but nothing I could put my finger on. My mum is with him. I'm on my way home and will be back around 8:30 but she's just phoned me to say he's really flat and his ears are cold. She's given him metacam and is giving him tlc but I just want to get home to see him.

Oh dear :cry: Is she able to get him to the Vet ? Sending lots of vibes for him xx

Oh dear :cry: Is she able to get him to the Vet ? Sending lots of vibes for him xx

If needs be, she will but she'll need to find help to lift him(!) A neighbour can probably help out.

She's keeping me posted by phone. At least he's eating. I'm hoping it's just one of his transitory tummy pains which he gets from time to time and he'll perk up within the hour.

Oh no :( Poor Hector. Sending loads of vibes for him.

Make sure you drive carefully!

Oh dear!

I'm glad to see he's eating and I hope it continues, and is followed by lovely poos.

Good luck for this evening xx

Oh dear!

I'm glad to see he's eating and I hope it continues, and is followed by lovely poos.

Good luck for this evening xx

Thank you! I'll go foraging in the cupboard for some hawthorn once I get home. He's currently got some plantains!

Last edited:
Many vibes for beautiful big Hector. Do you have a long journey home?

Thank you. A couple of hours on the train so it's not too bad. Seems like ages though :(

At least I've bought a banana at the station in case I have to go to the vets and get meds into him.

Oh no, just caught your post, sending loads of vibes for lovely Hector. Your mum sounds amazing !

Back