• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad story

Lazylops

Alpha Buck
Well I am sorry to start the end of the week on a low, but at 2.40am this morning I lost my little Bugsy.

Bugsy came to me from a home, where they just didn't have the time to look after him properly, he had to have his teeth burred every four weeks, but for all that, what a character, he was a seven year old agouti dwarf lop.

Bugsy had to be the first to be fed, the first to be cuddled, the first to get water, the first to go out for a play, the first to get hay, the first to get his veggies, the biggest cuddly toy, and of course the most trips out to the vet of any rabbit ive ever had, he loved it.

Bugsy was the life and soul of my bunnyshed, he was just so demanding, but he repaid you tenfold with his love and affection, on opening his hutch he would put his front feet on my chest and then literally clamber up onto me and just sit with his head under my chin, he would sit there for hours if you let him.

Bugsy on several occasions got himself in sticky situations in his run, as he loved to lift the lid and let it fall down with a bang, to get attention I suppose, one day he did this and didn't move his head in time and resulted in a sore head, no damage done except to a bunnies pride, the lids are light, his expression was priceless tho.

Wednesday evening Bugsy was quiet, noticeably quiet, we had a cuddle and I left him with the thought that if he was the same in the morning then I would take him to my vet. Well he was. So off we went in the car, normally Bugsy would sit looking out of his carrier, I would leave the lid open as he liked to put his front feet on the top and look out, but he wasn't interested. He spent the day in the vet being observed and the vet checked him over, nothing, he ate and drank, had cuddles and had dandelions, he was a favourite with the nurses too. so I picked him up and brought him home, it was the evening of my marathon bunny vaccinations so I ran about doing that. When I had finally got everyone back and settled, Bugsy was still looking out of sorts.

So I brought him inside in an indoor cage and settled him on a vetbed with heated pad underneath his cow (cuddly toy that he loves), by 11pm he was still the same, but he had eaten some Supreme Recovery food and was pooing and weeing. So, 11pm carried cage up to bedroom so I would be near him all night (soft thing I know), we had a cuddle and then I fell asleep, I woke up at 2:40am, Bugsy was breathing very deeply I picked him and lay him by my side, he then let out two squeaks, convulsed and passed away.

I can only be glad that I was with him until the last.

Annie for Bugsy xxx

Oh Annie, I am truly lost for words to hear your very sad news. :cry: ... I know how much all your bunnies mean to you, and it is heartbreaking when they pass away.
At least you were comforting Bugsey in his final moments and were there for him when he needed you most.
He sounds like a made a huge impact on your life in a very positive way, and these memories are what you have to hold onto now.

We are thinking of you, and send you much love and many hugs.
you know where I am if you need a shoulder and chat.

Hi Annie, That is very sad :(
Bugsey sounds like he was a wonderful character and I'm sure you'll miss him very much. He had a happy and loving home with you and you was with him till the end.

I'm so sorry about your very sad news, I can't even imagine how you must be feeling :(

At least Bugsy obviously had a lovely life with you.

He sounds like he was such a lovely bunny as well.

Amelia

Thank you for sharing that story with us Annie, what a beautiful rabbit he was and how wonderful that he was with you and feeling loved when he passed on. Big cyberhug for you.
Anna

Oh Annie, Im so sorry to hear this. He sounded such a special bunny and lucky you for having the pleasure of knowing him.

Run Free little one.

Take Care
Angela

Ach Annie :cry: , I'm so sorry. If it's any consolation, I think he couldn't have been in better hands. He was loved, fed, watered and cared for to the end. It's such an honour and a comfort to both of you to be with a bunnybabe when they pass to the bridge.

~~~~ Binky free wee Bugsy ~~~~

Hi everyone, thankyou all for your kind thoughts, I will post a photo of Bugsy when I am at home, I don't have them at work :( so you can all see what a handsome man he was. :D

Look out ladies, bugsy's on his way over the bridge.....xx

Annie,

I am so sorry for your loss.He sounded a real super bunner.Be happy with the fact he knew you cared and looked after him better than anyone else.

:cry: Hi Annie

I'm so sad to hear the news about Bugsey - what a fine bunny he sounded and so loved by you too - what finer life could a little bunny have.
I hope the time you spent together helps you with his loss and that you
can be strong being reminded of all the great fun you had together.

Binky free little bun at the Bridge.

:cry: Annie so sorry to hear about Bugsey - he sounds as if he was a real character and he will be sadly missed.

:cry: So sorry to hear the sad news, he certainly sounded a supa bun, I know how you feel we lost our Buggs just before the new year and we were heartbroken, still think about him every day, big hugs coming your way........

Binky free little one...........

Oh Annie, my darling, how could I miss this??!! I am so very, very sorry! My thoughts are very much with you m'dear! xxxxxxxxx

Oh Annie - I am so sorry to hear of this very sad loss. Bugsey was such a character and you will have lots of happy memories. Take comfort in that Annie and think what a wonderful life he had with you.

Love from

Annie

Sorry for my lateness, I have been so so busy at work.

So sorry to hear the news about your beloved Bugsy, run free little man, join your friends at rainbow bridge.

Big wet kisses and squidges from the gang and me.
Kara x

Back