• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

All 11 of my bunnies - past and present.

Thought I'd make a thread sharing photos of all of my bunnies. I only ever share pics of my current trio but I still think of every single bun and think I should share them with you as I'm sure a lot of you won't know or remember them. Some of you may do as I've been a member on here since I've had my very first pair. :love:

Firstly here is Tinkerbell (originally Tinker as we thought she was a boy!) and her brother Mischief. They were the first rabbits I ever owned. They were 'free to a good home' from a family friend in July 2009. I knew nothing about bunnies at the time of taking them on and they definitely weren't free in the long run. :lol: Vaccinations, spaying, neutering, accommodation upgrades after I learnt my hutch and run were too small.... Wouldn't change it for the world though. Had I of known about all the expenses I would of never got them in the first place. ;)

TandM.jpg

Christmas020.jpg

Tinkerbell was quite a grumpy bun to begin with but the day she had her spay and on-wards she was lovely! :love: Sadly lost her in 2013 not long after she'd had a dental. :(

DSCF2557-1.jpg

Mischief was such a gentle bun. Poor boy had dental problems though so underwent a lot of GAs until eventually having his front incisors removed. He did much better after that. :) Sadly lost him to an abscess in his mouth when he was just under 3 years old.

DSCF2945.jpg

Next up was Jasper. The pet shop bun I fell in love with in January 2010. After him licking me through the bars I just knew he was mine. He was quite a star really. He loved rabbit show jumping and did go to a few shows to raise awareness for bunnies and the fact they need exercise. I was very proud of him. :love: He bonded into a trio with Mischief and Tinkerbell. Sadly lost him in 2011 when I was on holiday. This was the first rabbit loss I experienced and it broke me. We think he possibly had a brain tumour. He was found fitting in the hutch and passed away before anything could be done. He was only 2. :(

DSCF2602.jpg

DSCF7794.jpg

My 4th bunny was Blossom. She belonged to my Mum's cousin and lived a very sad life before we 'rescued' her in 2010. She was living alone in a hutch she could barely stand up in, had overgrown claws and I was told she was aggressive. :? Not true at all as when she came to live with me she was so gentle and loved being cuddled. Got her spayed and vaccinated and tried to give her the best life I could. Only had her about a year as we lost her a few weeks after Jasper died. She lived in a quad with the other 3 for a bit but sadly the quad broke down. Wanted to get her a friend of her own but she was taken before I had chance. :( Not sure on her age but I think she was probably around 4 or 5. She was a skinny bun and I feel it was her time, she never really was fully healthy after we took her on. Miss her so much but glad I was able to give her some quality of life.

DSCF2561.jpg

Then came along Hector in March 2012! He was bonded into a trio with Mischief and Tinkerbell and the three of them lived very happily together until of course we lost Mischief in April that same year. Hector was another bun of mine who loved show jumping and he was a little superstar too. He was free from a friend who had to re-home him as he would not bond with her other male buns. He was a cuddle bun and I miss him very much. He died unexpectedly in January 2015 aged 4.

DSCF9376.jpg

DSCF1539.jpg

Last edited:
My next bun was Theo. My tri dutch baby. I fell in love with him at an agricultural show but managed to walk away. Couldn't stop thinking about him and where he might end up so contacted his breeder a month later just to see if he was still there, he was and was going to the pet shop the following week. :roll: I stepped in and went to take him home in September 2012. I know I will get a lot of hate for acquiring Theo in this way but he's the only breeder bun I've bought and I won't be doing this again (rescue only now!). Saying all this though, I loved Theo to bits. He was adorable and bonded into a trio with Hector and Tinkerbell so easily. He was an absolute joy to have, so cheeky, such an amazing personality. Lost him aged 2 due to an abscess in his lung. Broke my heart but putting him to sleep was the kindest thing to do after he became resistant to the penicillin injections he was on and then had difficulty breathing.

baby_zpsfdfee950.jpg

IMG_0060_zps0b8c4e98.jpg

Next bunny that joined the family was my precious Poppy. :love: She was a stray and I took her on after Tinkerbell had died. She formed a trio with Hector and Theo in January 2014. She was honestly one of the most loving and affectionate rabbits I have ever met. Despite her sad past either escaping (and no one bothering to look for her) or being released, possibly being attacked by a dog (this is why she had bits of her ears missing) she was so so loving. Always licking me. :lol: Had her for almost a year but she died on Christmas day 2014 after fighting a gut problem she had. No idea on her age.

After the loss of Poppy, this left Hector all alone so I adopted Primrose from Honey Bunnies rescue to come and live with him in Jan 2015! They were only together for a few weeks as we unexpectedly lost Hector that same month. :( Primrose is a lovely bunny. She's definitely the boss! She was rescued from a BYB after being treated badly and being made to over breed! She had been through a lot but is a fab bun to own.

When Hector died, obviously Primrose was left alone so I adopted another pair from Honey Bunnies. They’d been in the rescue for so long and no one was adopting them. :( So sad but they came to live with me and were a fab pair. I bonded them with Primrose into a trio and they were very happy together. Sadly Velvet died in December 2015 so I only had her for 9 months but she was a joy to have in my life.

That brings us to the last bunny, Bertie! I adopted him in June 2016, again from Honey Bunnies, to come and live with Primrose and Reuben. They’ve been bonded as a trio and have been happy ever since.

Beautiful photos. Lovely to put names to faces of your Bridge buns - they were all gorgeous and I'm not surprised you miss them so. I still have a soft spot for your Bertie. He caught my eye too, but Persephone was far from ready at the time. :lol: I'm glad he has a super home with your other beautiful honeybunnies. :love:

I remember each one of your lovely bunnies :love: All lucky to have been well cared for, especially since many of them had difficult starts but I'm sure they soon forgot about their pasts. You current trio are lovely too :)

Your past and present rabbits are all gorgeous :love: If I had to pick favourites, they would be Theo and Reuben :love:, but they are really all very lovely. Thanks for the pics and the explanations :)

Thankyou for posting their stories and photos:love: I knew your latest bunnies but it's nice to see photos and hear about your earlier bunnies :love:

Your past and present rabbits are all gorgeous :love: If I had to pick favourites, they would be Theo and Reuben :love:, but they are really all very lovely. Thanks for the pics and the explanations :)

Thank you! :) Funnily enough, Reuben reminds me so much of Theo, they have very similar personalities!

:shock: you can't have bunny favourites :lol:

Thanks for sharing all your beautiful bunnies with their lovely bonds, I hadn't "met" your first rabbits before. Your photos capture bunniness so well.

All sticking together for snowy adventures:love:

thanks for sharing your photos again, and having been a forum friend since the beginning I remember each and everyone of your special bunnies :love: you can see they where all loved and happy, even your current buns smiling away in last piccie are very happy bunnies :D:love:

Back