• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blanket & bedding

Danh86

New Kit
Can I give my rabbit a blanket and soft dog bed to keep him warm during the colder months?? He's really good and doesn't use his. We as a toilet so no worries of spiking them etc
Thanks

Yes he could have those as long as he won't eat them - unfortunately mine use anything soft as a toilet and also have a good nibble at them so they don't get them!

Thanks for a quick reply, I will try him a blanket and a spare dog bes I have then and see how he goes, he's pretty good and goes in the litter tray and outside by the drain it in a litter tray which is good, thanks

Can I give my rabbit a blanket and soft dog bed to keep him warm during the colder months?? He's really good and doesn't use his. We as a toilet so no worries of spiking them etc
Thanks

Hi there

All mine have soft beds to rest on whenever they like. Most of the year they are also heated with a 24/7 electric heated pad so they are extremely cosy. There are several dotted around the house so they can have a nap wherever they go :D

Whatever you use your buns will scratch and chew but it doesn't matter as long as you are feeding them properly. There is too much worry about the odd bits getting nibbled and yet we are happy enough to give them cardboard to chew on which can't be brilliant for them either if you follow all logic.
Read the labels on pet bedding, toys etc....to be used under supervision...or to be accurate...we are happy to sell you anything you like, but at your own risk.
For the record, mine have old towels and a pet blanket.

When I had my two bucks in the house they had rugs that they loved to lie on. They didnt chew them for months until one day when they did so keep an eye on them. Mine also chew and eat cardboard ...

Thanks for all the reply's, so far so good he hasn't chewed or scratched the pet bed and I'm keeping an eye on him so hoping he won't, just trying to keep him warm in the colder weather and as it's our 1st bun we are new to this and want to get it right, he seems so happy runny around all excited and eating well which is a good sign I've heard. It's great to see how interactive and nosey they are and very michevious great fun to watch.
I saw those hay blankets today and will call in and get one for him.

Back