• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

River will never get a boyfriend at this rate :-(

catherine09

Mama Doe
River had a few failed bonds before Christmas and since then i have been waiting for a bunny with particular characteristics to come into rescue (specifically ARC as Gill was the lady who last tried to bond her)

Couple of weeks ago Gill contacted me regarding a bunny who she thought might be a good match, he sounded absolutely brilliant and was gorgeous. A big crossbreed with lovely blue eyes :love: she reserved him for me and we arranged a date for river to go up for bonding in a couple of weeks after he recovered from his neuter. I really had a good feeling it was going to work, he was a very big calm bunny, exactly what she needs.

Today, I recieved a very sad message to say that he had passed away :cry: I know I never met him but I am really upset, I really thought he would be coming home with us. Gill was going to do side by side for a while as River has fear aggression around other bunnies, to let her calm down near him before the actual introductions. I really thought it was all going to work :(

Last edited:
River had a few failed bonds before Christmas and since then i have been waiting for a bunny with particular characteristics to come into rescue (specifically ARC as Gill was the lady who last tried to bond her)

Couple of weeks ago Gill contacted me regarding a bunny who she thought might be a good match, he sounded absolutely brilliant and was gorgeous. A big crossbreed with lovely blue eyes :love: she reserved him for me and we arranged a date for river to go up for bonding in a couple of weeks after he recovered from his neuter. I really had a good feeling it was going to work, he was a very big calm bunny, exactly what she needs.

Today, I recorded a very sad message to say that he had passed away :cry: I know I never met him but I am really upset, I really thought he would be coming home with us. Gill was going to do side by side for a while as River has fear aggression around other bunnies, to let her calm down near him before the actual introductions. I really thought it was all going to work :(

Oh no how sad :cry: For all concerned :cry:

River and I have a lot in common - impossible to bond:(

So, so sad about the bun who died as he would have had a fantastic home with you.

:( that is sad. I would have hated for the new bun to pass away shortly after he arrived with you though (if now was his time), you've been through more than enough in that respect. I hope River doesnt have to wait to long. Sleep tight blue eyed gentle bun x

Today, I recieved a very sad message to say that he had passed away :cry: I know I never met him but I am really upset, I really thought he would be coming home with us. Gill was going to do side by side for a while as River has fear aggression around other bunnies, to let her calm down near him before the actual introductions. I really thought it was all going to work :(

I'm really sorry Catherine, that's really sad :(

Back