• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eastbourne Alert!

Hi Gang,

Lets see if I can get this right..... :?

I (already have 9 rabbits) - have just been asked by a neighbour to re-home a rabbit.

She asked me because she knows I love them and have lot's. I said "But Lucy, you don't have a rabbit!"

Lucy was asked by her friend in Eastbourne if she knew anyone who could take this rabbit in.

Lucy's friend already has 6 rabbits and OH won't let her keep this one. They live in a terraced house with 2 small kids and they don't have the space, time etc to take on another. She has taken the rabbit in temporarily but is not able to keep it.

Originally owned by some woman she knows who "doesn't want" the rabbit anymore. :roll:

I am thin on details but wanted to get the ball rolling. Is there anyone in the eastbourne area who can offer a forever home to this bun?

I am fearing the worst to be honest. There is some concern that the rabbit may be pregnant. So clearly not been spayed. I doubt if it has been to see the vet regularly and so potentially not had her jabs.

I will add more details tonight when I get them.

I would also like to offer this appeal on the rabbits behalf...

This isn't the most tragic circumstance for re-homing. We don't know if the rabbit has been treated badly. There is probably no dramatic or romantic story behind this rabbit. I doubt there will be a cross country drive to collect her....

She is just an unwanted rabbit. :cry:

Like so many before her, she will drift from pillar to post. Living a life of loneliness, boredom and little comfort. At the foot of the garden in her hutch, fed and watered and given away. Not necessarily mistreated, just neglected, ignored and discarded.

No cuddles on the sofa
No toys
No homemade rabbit treats
Nobody taking proud pictures of her
No website
No cleverly designed run and shed
No friends

Does anybody have room in their heart and house to take her in and make her feel like she is finally alive? Do you have a bun she can be bonded with? Can you imagine her underfoot in your kitchen begging for treats before tearing around the corner to go play with your other bun?
Is she allowed on your sofa for a kiss and a noserub?

Please can you remember the forgotten bun and give her a home?

Send me a PM if you are interested.

UPDATE

18 month old Black Dwarf Lop

Not Spayed

History - Lived with dunno for dunno how long. Was in a hutch with another rabbit and they fought.

Moved in with woman who "adopted" her as a pet for her 3 year old son
Hairraising.gif

Decided she doesn't like the smell of rabbits. Gave her to rabbit lover in Eastbourne after 3 weeks.

Rabbit lover in Eastbourne has had her for 1 week and says she came in very stressed with a lot of bald patches growing back in. This rabbit has had 3 homes in 5 weeks and has the dubious pleasure of hamfisted 3 year old cuddles for 3 of them.

Rabbit lover is very keen that her next home is for good. She is even willing to have her spayed before she is adopted.

Good luck little bun and Godspeed.
BigLove.gif

:cry: Whatchya Holly Go-Lightly

What a shame for this poor Bun - I think we would all agree that it doesn't matter if a bunny is in distress or not - if we can find any space for her anywhere, we'll move heaven and earth to help her and get her relocated.

I'll drop a note to the local veterinary nurses I work with and also pop a note on my Vets Notice board just in case anyone is looking for a bunny when you have some more detail.

Lets hope this little bun finds someone to give her love and cuddles soon!

What a shame.

I actually live in Eastbourne and would have had a space for an extra bun but earlier today I offered Whiskey a home, another "rabbit in need". I will certainly have a long hard think of anyone I know in the area who may be able to offer this poor little buns a home.

I really hope she finds a forever home soon :)

Hi Holly Go-Lightly, I've been watching this topic as I am so taken with this bunny, she just speaks to me somehow :wink: :D . I have a space here at the Sanctuary where all bunnies come in for life, I don't rehome. I would be delighted to offer her that forever home where she will be much loved and have other bunnies for company.
I am in Dorset and do not drive. A friend can get me to Bournemouth. Would it be possible to do a Forum bunny run for the bit inbetween :? :D . I will pm my details to you if you are interested :D .

Dorothy, I really hope this bunny hops her way to your lovely Sanctuary, she will be safe and extremely well cared for with you...... you have a heart of gold :D :D

Oooooh...oooh, Dorothy, you have made my day!!!!! Bless you!!!! That bunny is not unlike my darling Chas and the funny Merlin, so she went to my heart too!!! She will be in heaven with you!!!! La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la :D :D :D

I will be able to help with some of the bunny run if needed. I am in Andover, Hampshire and will be able to meet someone and then get the bunny to Bournmouth. Please PM if I can be of help.

Hi

I am in Eastbourne and am more than willing to assist in the "bunny run" to wherever is necessar as I was really starting to feel bad about living so close to this bun and not being able to help!

Please PM if I can be of any help!

:)

Thanks Jules and Amelia that's very kind of you to offer help and much appreciated. Just waiting to hear from Holly Go-Lightly :? :D .

!!!!!!My heart is full of happiness!!!!!!!

I will organise a ride for our black (nameless) lady to your sanctuary in Dorset. Secretly I wish I could take her but I know I can't. She will be with you soon I hope. I'll pm you tomorrow.

KR
Andrea

Hi Andrea, I am so pleased that you are happy for me to take her. I look forward to hearing from you tommorrow :D :D :D :D :lol: .

This must be fate!

God is watching over this little bun.

Caz (the temp fosterer) happens to be driving to Devon next week for her holidays. She is going to be stopping in Dorset to go to (Monkey World????) with the kids. She will drive the bun to you on Monday!

She is so happy that she is going to a good home. I think we all are.
Dorothy thank you so much for your help.

I am sure it is fate, all my bunnies seem to find me in mysterious ways and just at the right time :D :wink: .
Can't wait until she arrives. That was good timing, now Caz won't have to worry about her when she is on her hols. I don't live that far from Monkey World, in fact our vets deal with them and have been on the tv program :shock: .
Bunny already has her new cage and teddy ready and waiting :oops: :lol: .

Back