PDA

View Full Version : Eastbourne Alert!

Holly Go-Lightly
02-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Hi Gang,

Lets see if I can get this right..... :?

I (already have 9 rabbits) - have just been asked by a neighbour to re-home a rabbit.

She asked me because she knows I love them and have lot's. I said "But Lucy, you don't have a rabbit!"

Lucy was asked by her friend in Eastbourne if she knew anyone who could take this rabbit in.

Lucy's friend already has 6 rabbits and OH won't let her keep this one. They live in a terraced house with 2 small kids and they don't have the space, time etc to take on another. She has taken the rabbit in temporarily but is not able to keep it.

Originally owned by some woman she knows who "doesn't want" the rabbit anymore. :roll:

I am thin on details but wanted to get the ball rolling. Is there anyone in the eastbourne area who can offer a forever home to this bun?

I am fearing the worst to be honest. There is some concern that the rabbit may be pregnant. So clearly not been spayed. I doubt if it has been to see the vet regularly and so potentially not had her jabs.

I will add more details tonight when I get them.

I would also like to offer this appeal on the rabbits behalf...

This isn't the most tragic circumstance for re-homing. We don't know if the rabbit has been treated badly. There is probably no dramatic or romantic story behind this rabbit. I doubt there will be a cross country drive to collect her....

She is just an unwanted rabbit. :cry:

Like so many before her, she will drift from pillar to post. Living a life of loneliness, boredom and little comfort. At the foot of the garden in her hutch, fed and watered and given away. Not necessarily mistreated, just neglected, ignored and discarded.

No cuddles on the sofa
No toys
No homemade rabbit treats
Nobody taking proud pictures of her
No website
No cleverly designed run and shed
No friends

Does anybody have room in their heart and house to take her in and make her feel like she is finally alive? Do you have a bun she can be bonded with? Can you imagine her underfoot in your kitchen begging for treats before tearing around the corner to go play with your other bun?
Is she allowed on your sofa for a kiss and a noserub?

Please can you remember the forgotten bun and give her a home?

Send me a PM if you are interested.

UPDATE

18 month old Black Dwarf Lop

Not Spayed

History - Lived with dunno for dunno how long. Was in a hutch with another rabbit and they fought.

Moved in with woman who "adopted" her as a pet for her 3 year old son http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/NiceBuns/Smilies/Hairraising.gif
Decided she doesn't like the smell of rabbits. Gave her to rabbit lover in Eastbourne after 3 weeks.

Rabbit lover in Eastbourne has had her for 1 week and says she came in very stressed with a lot of bald patches growing back in. This rabbit has had 3 homes in 5 weeks and has the dubious pleasure of hamfisted 3 year old cuddles for 3 of them.

Rabbit lover is very keen that her next home is for good. She is even willing to have her spayed before she is adopted.

Good luck little bun and Godspeed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/NiceBuns/Smilies/BigLove.gif

bunnytales
02-09-2004, 06:49 PM
:cry: Whatchya Holly Go-Lightly

What a shame for this poor Bun - I think we would all agree that it doesn't matter if a bunny is in distress or not - if we can find any space for her anywhere, we'll move heaven and earth to help her and get her relocated.

I'll drop a note to the local veterinary nurses I work with and also pop a note on my Vets Notice board just in case anyone is looking for a bunny when you have some more detail.

Lets hope this little bun finds someone to give her love and cuddles soon!

Amelia
02-09-2004, 09:13 PM
What a shame.

I actually live in Eastbourne and would have had a space for an extra bun but earlier today I offered Whiskey a home, another "rabbit in need". I will certainly have a long hard think of anyone I know in the area who may be able to offer this poor little buns a home.

I really hope she finds a forever home soon :)

Holly Go-Lightly
02-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Thanks Amelia

Holly Go-Lightly
04-09-2004, 06:09 AM
Here she is. A very pretty little lady!!!! :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/NiceBuns/Image006.jpg

AmberUK
04-09-2004, 10:02 AM
she looks like a dust bunnie!

Holly Go-Lightly
04-09-2004, 06:56 PM
Bump!

Anyone?

Dorothy
05-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Hi Holly Go-Lightly, I've been watching this topic as I am so taken with this bunny, she just speaks to me somehow :wink: :D . I have a space here at the Sanctuary where all bunnies come in for life, I don't rehome. I would be delighted to offer her that forever home where she will be much loved and have other bunnies for company.
I am in Dorset and do not drive. A friend can get me to Bournemouth. Would it be possible to do a Forum bunny run for the bit inbetween :? :D . I will pm my details to you if you are interested :D .

Adele
05-09-2004, 01:52 PM
Dorothy, I really hope this bunny hops her way to your lovely Sanctuary, she will be safe and extremely well cared for with you...... you have a heart of gold :D :D

Lizzie
05-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Oooooh...oooh, Dorothy, you have made my day!!!!! Bless you!!!! That bunny is not unlike my darling Chas and the funny Merlin, so she went to my heart too!!! She will be in heaven with you!!!! La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la :D :D :D

Jules
05-09-2004, 04:22 PM
I will be able to help with some of the bunny run if needed. I am in Andover, Hampshire and will be able to meet someone and then get the bunny to Bournmouth. Please PM if I can be of help.

Amelia
05-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Hi

I am in Eastbourne and am more than willing to assist in the "bunny run" to wherever is necessar as I was really starting to feel bad about living so close to this bun and not being able to help!

Please PM if I can be of any help!

:)

Dorothy
05-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Thanks Jules and Amelia that's very kind of you to offer help and much appreciated. Just waiting to hear from Holly Go-Lightly :? :D .

Holly Go-Lightly
05-09-2004, 10:38 PM
!!!!!!My heart is full of happiness!!!!!!!

I will organise a ride for our black (nameless) lady to your sanctuary in Dorset. Secretly I wish I could take her but I know I can't. She will be with you soon I hope. I'll pm you tomorrow.

KR
Andrea

Lynn
05-09-2004, 10:44 PM
What a lovely outcome, and what a lucky and beautiful bunster. :)

Dorothy
05-09-2004, 11:04 PM
Hi Andrea, I am so pleased that you are happy for me to take her. I look forward to hearing from you tommorrow :D :D :D :D :lol: .

Adele
06-09-2004, 07:21 AM
Ahhh! A lovely ending to a nice bunny tale :D :D

Holly Go-Lightly
06-09-2004, 10:15 AM
This must be fate!

God is watching over this little bun.

Caz (the temp fosterer) happens to be driving to Devon next week for her holidays. She is going to be stopping in Dorset to go to (Monkey World????) with the kids. She will drive the bun to you on Monday!

She is so happy that she is going to a good home. I think we all are.
Dorothy thank you so much for your help.

Dorothy
06-09-2004, 05:17 PM
I am sure it is fate, all my bunnies seem to find me in mysterious ways and just at the right time :D :wink: .
Can't wait until she arrives. That was good timing, now Caz won't have to worry about her when she is on her hols. I don't live that far from Monkey World, in fact our vets deal with them and have been on the tv program :shock: .
Bunny already has her new cage and teddy ready and waiting :oops: :lol: .

bunnyhuggger
06-09-2004, 05:27 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage06/5.gif nice one Dorothy! http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage06/5.gif

Holly Go-Lightly
06-09-2004, 05:58 PM
IBunny already has her new cage and teddy ready and waiting :oops: :lol: .

Holly Go-Lightly <------ wipes away a happy tear. :oops:

nicola
06-09-2004, 06:38 PM
Give her a cuddle from me :)

bunnytales
06-09-2004, 08:43 PM
:) Oh Dorothy such a lovely new start of life for this little bunny - strange how they just tug at your heart strings.

Pickies please perhaps when the little lady is settled in with you.

A Big, Big well done to all involved - you are all stars and deserve a big bunny hug.

shantel
09-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Oooh Dorothy, that's GREAT news for the little bunny. How many does this take you up to??? :D :shock:

Dorothy
09-09-2004, 01:36 PM
That takes me up to a nice round number of 22 :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: .

shantel
09-09-2004, 01:50 PM
BLIMEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dorothy
09-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Oooh and 4 cats, 2 guinea pigs, a chinchilla and a border collie :roll: :lol: . Not an animal lover then :!: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

bunnyhuggger
09-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Dorothy! Shame on you! you forgot Bob! :lol:

Dorothy
09-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Bob who :?: :roll: . Is that the guy that keps a roof over the Sanctuary and pays for all the veggies in the weekly shop :lol: :lol: :lol: . I suppose he is worthy of a mention :oops: :lol: .

Holly Go-Lightly
11-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Yippie! Only 2 more days!!!!!

Dorothy
11-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Yep, 2 days and counting down :lol: . I did my big clean out yesterday, so 'new bunny's' cage is now all made up ready for her to flop out in. I am hoping it won't rain all next week. I'd like her to get out in the grass run rather than run her in the undercover runs. Still, I'm sure she won't mind so long as she has a space to binky in :D :lol: .

Dorothy
13-09-2004, 09:18 AM
Bunny arriving today at about 1pm. I'll keep you posted :D .

shantel
13-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Ooooh how exciting! Pictures please Dorothy when you get the chance :D

Dorothy
13-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Yippeee, my black loppy girl arrived this lunch time, I love black lops :oops: . She is so lovely. She is very laid back, we've had a big cuddle :oops: and she will fit in here a treat. I just have to think up a name for her now :D .
The couple who were fostering her were realy nice and have taken good care of her. I have pointed them in the direction of the Forum, so hopefully they will join when they get back off their holiday :D .
Willl post piccies as soon as I finish the film in my camera.
Off to squish her again :oops: :roll: .

Dorothy
13-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Decided she needs a nice sweet girly name as she is so lovely. Hope you all like the name I have chosen, she is now officialy Violet :D .

Jaypot
13-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Violet is a beautiful name. A month ago to the this date we lost our beloved Violet - she too was a black bun and she was over nine years old. She was the apple of our eye and we adored her. I take this as a sign that our Violet has sent us to see - another Violet is going to be loved and cared for.
I truly hope that your beloved Violet has a long and happy life with you - if she can be as happy as our lovely girl was then I know that her life will be wonderful :D
Welcome Violet - hope you have as much spirit as our one did - she was our champion masher and our matriarch - it would be wonderful if you became that as well.
I hope that she gives you years and years of happiness Dorothy :wink:

Dorothy
14-09-2004, 12:40 AM
Thank you Jay for that wonderfull message. Isn't it amazing how these lovely bunnies touch our lives even after they have moved on :wink: . Violet is a name I have never thought of for a bunny, it just kept popping into my mind whenever I looked at her........... strange :? !! She is truly lovely and enjoying being fussed. She already comes forward to greet me whenever she hears me and gave me a good hard nudge with her nose when I dared to stop rubbing her head tonight. I do hope I have her for as long as you had your Violet.

Lynn
14-09-2004, 10:57 AM
It sounds like Violet and her new mum have found each other at last :)

Dorothy
14-09-2004, 11:07 AM
I've just got back from the vet with Violet. I didn't want to report anything until I had his opinion.
When I checked Violet over yesterday, I noticed that she had a slight cloudy appearence to her eyes and held her head in such a way that I felt she was not seeing clearly. She flinched at times when she appeared not to see my hand go towords her.
My vet has confirmed that she has degeneration of the retina in both eyes and that her vision is as a result impaired. They may just stay this way or she could become completely blind. He feels it is probably due to lack of proper nutrition from the start. Her first owner had most likely not fed her correctly. Caz, the foster carer had her properly fed on Burgess and veggies, however no matter how well she is fed now, her first 18months of poor nutrition has done the damage. Yet another reason to keep hammering on with the rabbit education.
I am realy glad I took her on now and she will recieve the best of care from now on. She is just such a sweetheart it is so sad that this has had to happen to her :( .

Adele
14-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Oh Dorothy, this news is a bit of a blow :? , but Violet is truly in the right place with you, and she will thrive, with or without full vision. :D
We had a blind bunny several years ago, and Dougal and I had a really special bond as I had to guide him to his food with my hand several times a day
Dougal lived in our big kitchen and managed to circumnavigate it fairly easily and he was always on the go, a lively bunny with much to do and investigate!.
I had to ensure there were no sharp edges on the kitchen units etc, just incase, but apart from that and as long as I did not move much around the kitchen he was fine.
I am so glad Violet is with you now, and I bet as I am writing this, you are cuddling your new addition to the family :lol: :lol:

Hope you have many happy time together, please keep us posted as to her progress.
Love Adele and bunnies

shantel
14-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi Dorothy - I also have a semi blind bunny. She is completely blind in one eye, and has some sight left in her other eye but not much. However, it doesn't seem to bother her at all, as long as things aren't moved about in the bunny shed, and they are all fed in the same place etc, she copes very well. I don't think bunnies sight is very good anyway, and rely more on those big ears they have and their noses! :D I always speak to Truffle before I try to approach her so she knows I'm there, and I blow on her so she knows I am there! :lol:

Dorothy
14-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Thanks for your comments. I have had a few bunnies who developed cataracts and therefore impared vision. They have all thrived despite this and Violet I am sure will also cope.
She spent the afternoon in her run as it was actualy sunny and warm and didn't rain. She had fun jumping on and off a big cardboard box and diving inside it. Then she enjoyed some streching out relaxing 8) . All in all a happy first full day here :D .
Thank you Holly Go-Lightly for posting this lovely bunny's details on the Forum :D :D . Piccies are being developed and should be posted here soon. I'll put them under introductions.

sunshine
15-09-2004, 07:42 PM
:D Dorothy I'm so glad your beautiful new bunny has found such a lovely new home. I hope she gives you many years of pleasure!!