• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies Are Awfully Amazing

njbunnymom

Young Bun
On Monday, my teenage daughter began to have a fever. I figured she had the flu and set her up on our couch with warm blankets, Tylenol and lots of tea. Late in the afternoon, our trio came out and sat by her until she went to bed. The next day, she was still sick, and the rabbits came out of their usual daytime resting place to sit by her - all facing her on the couch. By late in the evening, her fever spiked. She collapsed at 11pm and we had to rush her to the hospital. While we're getting her arranged on the couch for the hospital, the rabbits began fussing all around her. I swear they knew she was in a bad way. We were at the hospital for several hours - and after a few IVs, my little girl was feeling better and was sent home. We got home at 5am and the rabbits were waiting for us. They had been so upset, they had completely messed up their living area. But they were waiting and knew we were all home. I'm still in disbelief over their obvious behaviors. They were worried and sat in a virtual vigil next to my daughter. I knew rabbits were smart, but this experience just confirms that knowledge even more. Wow. My daughter is feeling better today - but now we're all sick with the flu, too!

On Monday, my teenage daughter began to have a fever. I figured she had the flu and set her up on our couch with warm blankets, Tylenol and lots of tea. Late in the afternoon, our trio came out and sat by her until she went to bed. The next day, she was still sick, and the rabbits came out of their usual daytime resting place to sit by her - all facing her on the couch. By late in the evening, her fever spiked. She collapsed at 11pm and we had to rush her to the hospital. While we're getting her arranged on the couch for the hospital, the rabbits began fussing all around her. I swear they knew she was in a bad way. We were at the hospital for several hours - and after a few IVs, my little girl was feeling better and was sent home. We got home at 5am and the rabbits were waiting for us. They had been so upset, they had completely messed up their living area. But they were waiting and knew we were all home. I'm still in disbelief over their obvious behaviors. They were worried and sat in a virtual vigil next to my daughter. I knew rabbits were smart, but this experience just confirms that knowledge even more. Wow. My daughter is feeling better today - but now we're all sick with the flu, too!

Bunnies have a sixth sense, don't they? :love:

I hope you'll all be better soon xx

they certainly are - they know when we are below par, physically or emotionally. Bless our furry little protectors.

I hope everyone is feeling better soon

A few weeks ago I had a bad asthma attack and I pretty much collapsed in the kitchen after getting my inhaler. Crash Bunny was all over me fussing and things. After a while I was sat against the kitchen side on the floor just pulling myself together and he laid down beside me, huddled up, and wouldnt move.. Just let me pet him until I calmed down... I think he knew things were not ok and I was scared. We sat like that for almost an hour then we cuddled on the sofa lol

Funny enough.. my dog Polo didnt give a ****.. She stayed in her bed in the lounge not caring at all LOL

Thanks for the kind replies everyone. Shayne - it's amazing how they just "know." Like MightyMax said so well - a sixth sense. We think we're so smart as humans but we know so little about how animals really think - and feel. We're almost all better, thank goodness. You don't want whatever is going around - it's brutal this year!

I envy you all. When I collapse the buns come and check if I have food then disappear off in a hump to eat hay.

I hope you feel much better soon x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Its amazing how they react to what we need. Yesterday i was sat on the floor with the starts of a panic attack and milo came straight over tucked himself under my arms and licked my face! He sat patiently while i had a little cry but he really did calm me down completely!

Hope you are all soon better.

It's the first time I've heard of bunnies reacting to health issues but I can well believe it.

Bless them. I knew rabbits are smart but not realise they will do this!

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Back