• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Black Scabs?!

ahh advice please.
My lovely albino rabbit Delilah ( 6 months ) has got 3 black marks on her face and 1 on her ear, they 2 are lumpy. Shes due for her onoculations next Friday but i dont know if i should book her in sooner? She looks like shes been roughed up? We have another bunny ( Gandalf, 1 yr ) and they get on fine, but he does like to lick her face/eyes alot? any advice? Can i attach photos?

Last edited:
Do you have a picture that you could post which may help ? Hard to say what they may be without seeing

Is she still behaving normally etc

I would probably get her seen sooner but I am quite paranoid when it comes to my buns :lol:

Sending healing vibes xx

ahh advice please.
My lovely albino rabbit Delilah ( 6 months ) has got 3 black marks on her face and 1 on her ear, they 2 are lumpy. Shes due for her onoculations next Friday but i dont know if i should book her in sooner? She looks like shes been roughed up? We have another bunny ( Gandalf, 1 yr ) and they get on fine, but he does like to lick her face/eyes alot? any advice? Can i attach photos?

The images you have posted are not showing up but I agree with binkybunnyox in that consulting a Vet before next Friday is necessary. Have you noticed any swelling of your Rabbit's genitals ?

ahh advice please.

Hi there and welcome to RU :wave:

Your photo isn't showing up, so I suggest you get him to a vet asap.

If you want to attach photos, this may help:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?136183-Tutorial-How-to-Post-Photos

Good luck xx

Back