• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The bunny nobody wanted.

Look at the bunny who nobody wanted a week ago! Bracken. He's had his first vaccination and vet check.
mms_img-1449048750.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Will get him neutered in a couple of weeks, although I'm so scared for him. I lost a little Polish boy some years ago.

Oh bless him, he is adorable, how could anyone not want him :cry: I hope everything goes well for his neuter, I am sure he will breeze through it.

Look at the bunny who nobody wanted a week ago! Bracken. He's had his first vaccination and vet check.
mms_img-1449048750.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Will get him neutered in a couple of weeks, although I'm so scared for him. I lost a little Polish boy some years ago.

You look lovely together :love:

I'm so glad he's got you!!

In a couple of weeks I will be picking up a bunny that was left to stray and no one wants. I can't wait to show him the love he's never had xx

Such a gorgeous rabbit :love: I completely understand your unease about his neuter. No matter how many times you know of operations that have gone well, there is always a concern. I guess it's a case of comparing possible risk with definite benefit, but it doesn't make it any easier.

Thanks everyone. I chatted with our rabbit savvy vet and he said the odds on losing a bunny during neuter are about 1 in a 1000. Our vets neuter all the local rspca bunnies, so have lots of experience....so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I love the bunny already.

Thanks everyone. I chatted with our rabbit savvy vet and he said the odds on losing a bunny during neuter are about 1 in a 1000. Our vets neuter all the local rspca bunnies, so have lots of experience....so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I love the bunny already.

That's a massive plus :D

I wish Caroline was still there - I could trust her. But Kerry is very good also The trouble is you don't know who is going to do the operation.

I wish Caroline was still there - I could trust her. But Kerry is very good also The trouble is you don't know who is going to do the operation.

When we first started going there it was only Ian and Sarah. We always got Ian.....mainly because it was a bird or the tortoise. Sarah was always out on the farms. We went to the other Vet Surgery who were nearer to our home, for bunnies or our pet rats or dog at that time. When our local vets got taken over and went Bigtime, we moved our bunnies up to Ian's practise. So now, everything is registered there. Honor is very good and chats to bunny. Kerry didn't used to like bunnies, so my friend overheard, but seems to have changed her mind now, unless someone put her right and said she shouldn't say things like that. I've found her to be very professional when I've had to see her and she put herself out several times for my late Widget, with emergency dentals. Katie is loud and jolly and has also been very good with emergency treatment for bunnies. I don't know what she's like with doing ops on bunnies though. When you look at their profiles on the website, they all read as if they've done some sort of small animal qualification. It's still a worry though.

He is lovely:love:And so are you for taking him in and giving him a new life. I hope you have many happy years together.

Back