• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr. Cuddles update - (happy news)

Sammysdct

Young Bun
Seems that 2017 hasn't proven to be a very good year so far, so I thought I'd try and bring a bit of good news for a change.

For those of you who don't know, I lost my soul mate bunny Lolly Hop back on december 30th, due to complications from spaying. I believe she truly was an amasing rabbit, and everyone who met her agreed. There was just something very special about her. I have 2 daughters Mary aged 4 & Amie aged 7. Amie has some problems, still to be diagnosed, possibly ADHD, although something on the "spectrum" (ie aspergers) hasn't been ruled out. Me & Amie were devastated at Lolly Hops death.

After some discussions, we decided for Amie's sake to get another rabbit the same day as Lolly Hop passed. Left to my own devices I would have left it much longer. So our new year started with an adorable bundle of fluff, which Amie named "Mr. Cuddles". He is a lionhead, and is now 14 weeks old.

He has settled in really well, and more importantly Amie loves him. He is alot more energetic than Lolly Hop & much more nervous. I suspect that our 4 year old, whilst tolerated, is a bit much for him at times. (Both girls have been taught not to disturb him in his cage/under out table, so he can always escape if he wants to).

To allow Amie & Mr Cuddles to bond we now have a routine, where once I have her ready for school in the morning, she goes and gives him his pellets and lets him out of his cage. Typically she just sits next to him stroking him gently as he eats. In the meantime I am getting Mary ready for school.

It is working really well. I'm the one who takes care of his needs, monitors his food intake (and output), brushes him, sits and strokes him after he's finished doing the bunny 500 of an evening...But Amie is the only one he's licked.

We both still miss Lolly Hop. Amie is still crying typically 1-2 a day. So I took a plush Lindt Bunny, with a zip pocket in it, and placed in some of Lolly Hops fur from where she was brushed in it. We also had a discussion about "Bunny heaven" and heaven in general (she was afraid that people couldn't get to bunny heaven).

Last night she was starting to cry again. I'm not one for setting a time limit on grief, but she really works herself up, so this time I tried to distract her by talking about the happy times with Lolly Hop.

It worked, we had a lovely chat about all the good things about her, all the good things about mr Cuddles & she fell asleep holding her toy "Lolly Hop".

And of course she was ready for school nice and early today to see /stroke Mr. Cuddles who was waiting for her this morning.

Seems that 2017 hasn't proven to be a very good year so far, so I thought I'd try and bring a bit of good news for a change.

For those of you who don't know, I lost my soul mate bunny Lolly Hop back on december 30th, due to complications from spaying. I believe she truly was an amasing rabbit, and everyone who met her agreed. There was just something very special about her. I have 2 daughters Mary aged 4 & Amie aged 7. Amie has some problems, still to be diagnosed, possibly ADHD, although something on the "spectrum" (ie aspergers) hasn't been ruled out. Me & Amie were devastated at Lolly Hops death.

After some discussions, we decided for Amie's sake to get another rabbit the same day as Lolly Hop passed. Left to my own devices I would have left it much longer. So our new year started with an adorable bundle of fluff, which Amie named "Mr. Cuddles". He is a lionhead, and is now 14 weeks old.

He has settled in really well, and more importantly Amie loves him. He is alot more energetic than Lolly Hop & much more nervous. I suspect that our 4 year old, whilst tolerated, is a bit much for him at times. (Both girls have been taught not to disturb him in his cage/under out table, so he can always escape if he wants to).

To allow Amie & Mr Cuddles to bond we now have a routine, where once I have her ready for school in the morning, she goes and gives him his pellets and lets him out of his cage. Typically she just sits next to him stroking him gently as he eats. In the meantime I am getting Mary ready for school.

It is working really well. I'm the one who takes care of his needs, monitors his food intake (and output), brushes him, sits and strokes him after he's finished doing the bunny 500 of an evening...But Amie is the only one he's licked.

We both still miss Lolly Hop. Amie is still crying typically 1-2 a day. So I took a plush Lindt Bunny, with a zip pocket in it, and placed in some of Lolly Hops fur from where she was brushed in it. We also had a discussion about "Bunny heaven" and heaven in general (she was afraid that people couldn't get to bunny heaven).

Last night she was starting to cry again. I'm not one for setting a time limit on grief, but she really works herself up, so this time I tried to distract her by talking about the happy times with Lolly Hop.

It worked, we had a lovely chat about all the good things about her, all the good things about mr Cuddles & she fell asleep holding her toy "Lolly Hop".

And of course she was ready for school nice and early today to see /stroke Mr. Cuddles who was waiting for her this morning.

I am glad that Mr Cuddles is doing well and that he has found his own special place in Aime's heart. Of course he cant replace Lolly Hop, no Rabbit could. But it sounds as though Aime and Mr C have already established a close bond, which is lovely :love:

I am so pleased to read this :D I have a grandson with ASD (Asperger's) and so I can understand how the situation about Lolly Hop has had to be treated with sensitivity as far as Amie is concerned. It sounds as though it's all going well with Mr Cuddles although I'm not surprised that Amie is still tearful at times.

I am so pleased to read this :D I have a grandson with ASD (Asperger's) and so I can understand how the situation about Lolly Hop has had to be treated with sensitivity as far as Amie is concerned. It sounds as though it's all going well with Mr Cuddles although I'm not surprised that Amie is still tearful at times.

I didn't know that you are a Granny !! :love:

I love you discussing the happy times you had with Lolly Hop :D
And Mr Cuddles sounds like an absolutely darling :love:

Back