• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rhodri at the beach

Roly Poly

Warren Veteran
It was a lovely morning today - nowhere near as cold as it has been.

Here's my Rhodri on the beach.

He had a great time - all his favourite things, water, space and his beloved ball!

I love to see dogs having fun, and he certainly is, that face says it all. Glad he had a nice day

Just curious do you bathe him after being in the sea ( salt etc) or just dry and brush? I've never had a dog but remember salt water hair!:)

Not unless he gets dirty aswell - we just towel dry and brush him. I wish he'd let me use the hairdryer on him but he hates it. He always comes to investigate when I'm using it but refuses to let me blowdry him!

What a lovely place to be able to walk Rhodri :D He looks as though he had a great time.

Morse loves the hair-dryer thank goodness. As he HATES wearing a coat his poodle curls get soaked twice a day every day at the moment. I'd never get him dry with just a towel xx

We really struggle to get Rhdori dry - we keep saying we should get him trimmed but I just love the fluffy look!

We used to live in South Wales. You were very lucky to have the beach to yourselves. Every time we visited Porthcawl there were always lots of people around. We did go to Marcross/ Monksnash a lot, really loved that stretch of coastline and miss it. There is nothing as unique as that up here.

We used to live in South Wales. You were very lucky to have the beach to yourselves. Every time we visited Porthcawl there were always lots of people around. We did go to Marcross/ Monksnash a lot, really loved that stretch of coastline and miss it. There is nothing as unique as that up here.

I know, Porthcawl is always heaving in the Summer months and most of the beaches ban dogs from May to October but there is still a stretch at Newton we can go to. We also take him to Kenfig Nature Reserve which is incredibly popular with dog walkers.

Back