• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant Rabbits

Purely a question out of curiosity really! My Mum and I visited our local rescue today just to look around and we saw two absolutely gorgeous Giant Rabbits and it got me thinking. Can a Giant Rabbit live with a smaller breed of rabbit or would it be risky because of their size? I'm not sure I would quite be happy putting one with a Netherland Dwarf but something like and English Spot that's not quite as large.

If anyone has successfully bonded a Giant Rabbit with a smaller breed, I'd love to see pictures!

Rebecca :)

If you look on the Warren Bunny Boarding (Sussex bunny boarding) Facebook timeline she has Rupert, a giant, who lives with Hope, who is a much smaller rabbit. They are two lovely looking buns [emoji7]

I had a couple ofFrenchies who were bonded to small cross-breed bunnies a few years ago. I miss having Frenchies.

I have a french lop (May) who weighs 5.91kg a continental giant (peanut) who weighs 6.45kg and a Netherland dwarf (Lynx) who weighs 2.35kg. They adore each other, never have i had to worry about him being so small compared to the girls! If anything he uses them to snuggle up to! several times I've seen him right in the middle of his girls enjoying the cuddles and warmth.:love:

5DC1827F-CC71-477B-AA3D-DFF022A17D18.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

:love::love::love:

That is a beautiful photo! I had a French lop and a very small mini lop that loved each other from the first meeting. It really depends on their temperament rather than size I have found . X

Yes size does not matter. We have had Giants for years and while most have been bonded with other Giants it works just as well with smaller rabbits - it just depends on the rabbits themselves. Rabbit Residence Rescue currently have a beautiful black Giant, Sebastian, bonded with tiny Thumbellina.

Back