• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guard bunny on duty

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
Sylar has been doing a great job of keeping me company since I dislocated my knee. He keeps jumping up to see me for strokes and I keep finding him sitting at the end of my bed, keeping watch!
The worst part of injuring myself is not being able to lie down on the floor with the buns for cuddles :( He's made the last 2 weeks bearable for me!
I love him so much :love:
X

upload pics

Last edited:
Sylar has been doing a great job of keeping me company since I dislocated my knee. He keeps jumping up to see me for strokes and I keep finding him sitting at the end of my bed, keeping watch.
The worst part of injuring myself is not being able to lie down on the floor with the buns for cuddles so he's made the last 2 weeks bearable for me!
I love him so much :love:
X

upload pics

:love::love::love:

Good boy Sylar :love: Hopefully he's providing encouragement for you to rest.

Is your knee any more comfortable yet?

It's hard to rest when you've got 2 buns on medication :( I can't help hobbling around to check on them but I have rested it quite a lot and my brace has been on the whole time.
It feels ok with the brace on but without it my knee is still quite sore. It also feels quite numb and jelly like if I try to walk, a bit like it wants to collapse. It also hurts when I bend it :( I can't wait to start physio but my first session isn't until the 25th :shock:

That must seem like a long time to wait :( I should imagine the physio will be really helpful though, as they will presumably be working with you to strengthen the muscles again after having to rest them for so long.

It's hard to rest when you've got 2 buns on medication :( I can't help hobbling around to check on them but I have rested it quite a lot and my brace has been on the whole time.
It feels ok with the brace on but without it my knee is still quite sore. It also feels quite numb and jelly like if I try to walk, a bit like it wants to collapse. It also hurts when I bend it :( I can't wait to start physio but my first session isn't until the 25th :shock:

When bed bound even for a short length of time I find that my muscles don't work so well and I need to exercise to get back to normal. It always amazes me how fast our muscles weaken ...

When bed bound even for a short length of time I find that my muscles don't work so well and I need to exercise to get back to normal. It always amazes me how fast our muscles weaken ...

My right leg is already quite a lot thinner than my left. Looks very weird!

It's amazing and also very frightening :shock:

About twenty years ago I slipped on some scree whilst coming down a mountain breaking my left ankle. It was obviously in plaster for about 6-7 weeks. Ever since, even though I have exercised a lot, the muscle in my left calf is slightly not so developed as the right. Also it has taken me several months since my hip op to finally be able to move quickly up stairs without holding on to a rail. My thigh muscles were just so weak, even though one of my exercises was squats.

Back