• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

chase going for check up monday

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
please let vets find out whats causing his very unlike chase behaviour, I thought it was spring fever, it could be, but also chance may be ears he shaking them abit, I tried looking down and he just shakes them, I checked his teeth they look ok, I have been grooming him as I was worried maybe he had fur mites, moulting loads, but its that time year, but he had dandruff on nose and neck when I first notied more hair coming out, although since using flea comb daily I can't see anything on him, so maybe in his ears, I can't see any but can't get very far down as I say he shakes his head

he destroyed his tunnel other week, been humping at hay, went nans other day, mum text chase making mess of my room, he bouncing all over place and hay everywhere, when got back I tidied it up, and thought spring fever, he keeps trying get behind drawers the gap won't even fit my finger I pushed them that far up to the wall, he had been digging in that area on new carpet, I moved plastic mat there, left him yesterday no problem, went riding today came home and the poof had huge tear in it white fluff was everywhere and purple fabric shredded so can't tell if he ingested any
I have now binned the item and put plastic mat down with cage panel down side drawers, and moved his litter tray to where the disaster was

nan phoned vet for me before they closed to ask advice, and he is going for a check up on Monday on his ears and to see if it ears or spring fever, another things he has started doing and never did eating all his chew toys, please send vibes its something simple and I can have chase as he was back

Oh no, doesn't sound like Chase at all. Sending loads of vibes for vet visit, let's hope it's just something simple, like spring fever. It's a bit strange really, but Treacle has been acting a bit odd, and today I caught her carrying a great big mouthful of hay, then she was attempting to make a nest ! she was spayed over 2 years ago, is that spring fever ?

Aaw Lisa, I hope that the vets can find out what's upsetting your gorgeous little boykin. Sending loads of vibes for his check up at the vets on Monday.

Aaw Lisa, I hope that the vets can find out what's upsetting your gorgeous little boykin. Sending loads of vibes for his check up at the vets on Monday.

thanks hope so, had pet remedy plug in before I left and it had no effect :cry:

Oh no, doesn't sound like Chase at all. Sending loads of vibes for vet visit, let's hope it's just something simple, like spring fever. It's a bit strange really, but Treacle has been acting a bit odd, and today I caught her carrying a great big mouthful of hay, then she was attempting to make a nest ! she was spayed over 2 years ago, is that spring fever ?

Sounds like it cold be

Sending lots of vibes to Chase xx I hope tomorrow goes as well as possible.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

he is absolutely fine health wise, she said he the healthiest rabbit she has ever seen, his teeth are absolutely perfect which I am proud of with him being a mini lop, she said he may have had a few mites but as I applied treatment over week ago and have been grooming daily, his fur has grown back and healthy, she asked if I had been cleaning his ears as they are very clean I said yes, said doing everything right

maybe he confused with Christmas period now back to routine, asked if anything changed in environment, I said no but he had been let out a few times before Christmas and after then couldn't for over week with awful weather, maybe he wonders why I not let him out, regarding the wrecked area, I had blocked it off he was not happy about it, he knew can get in bottom drawer as been in it last month by accident, so he took it out on the poof cushion as that was stopping the other way to get to the drawer, anyway he now back home asleep in front of the drawers

Back