• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help wanted in bonding (Hampshire) - Rolo

AmberUK

Alpha Buck
I took my neutered male rabbit to see uneutered Rolo tonight (at Jules house). The first meeting went ok, no fighting, a bit of running about and Rolo 'mounted' Wilson. Wilson was a bit nervous, but Rolo seemed so also.

I am looking for help in Bonding. Neither Jules or myself feel we can bond bunnies. I cannot take on another rabbit unless it is bonded. Is there anyone out there who can help with this pairing or can recommend anyone?

amber

Amber we do a lot of bonding work here at the Sanctuary, basically you send you bunnies here on holiday and we do all the bonding work on neutral territory.
The only snag is we are in Worcestershire, but folk do travel here from your way and beyond.(we collect and deliver bunnies too :wink: )

Pm if I can help, otherwise, I hope you can find someone in your locality.

www.rabbitguardianangels.co.uk

Annie is in Hampshire, she may be able to give you a hand/some tips. It sounds like it will go well from the initial meeting. I bonded two lads, the story is on RR which might give you some ideas too.

Tam

I read the article on the two male bonding and wanted to know is there always a dominant and subordent rabbit even with male/female bonding?

In my experience yes. Rabbits are very hierarchical. They have a social structure that they stick to and it gives them confidence and security.
What is not true, is that the largest, most physically powerful, aggressive rabbit is always the "alpha" rabbit. Rabbits are pretty smart and seem to choose healthy, level headed, cautious and strong rabbits as thier leader. Even if there are only two. Holly is the dominant rabbit between her and Caesar. Caesar is a male, stronger and larger in size. He is also extremely athletic and runs around like a kid. He is sooo easy going and happy.
Holly is older, smaller, more picky about who she is friends with and thinks twice about taking risks and challenging the unknown. She is obviously more clever and observant than Caesar and in my opinion is the rabbit who would keep them the safest. She does a great job and Caesar is happy to let her get on with it.
Typical Man! No responsibility :lol:

Just to follow up on this Julia and Annie came round today and said that really I need a bunnie smaller than my current one so Rolo is out for me. So atm I am not looking for help bonding as I have to find a bunnie first!

Back