• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi There

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

I've been told that I have to introduce myself so certain nosey people can tell who they are talking too :roll:

Well for those who haven't yet worked it out I run Rabbit Rehome and also with Adele and some helpful diplomats this forum.

I've had bunnies since I was about 14/15 but before you start thinking of me as a wise old sage I should point out I'm only 21 now. I currently have one bunny, Alfie lives outside in a big hutch/run combo. Alfie was orginally my sisters rabbit but she's lost interest so he's all mine now!! He's a agouti lionhead with blue eyes. He's very partial to hay and toys but prefers to watch people rather than get cuddled by them. Here's me sneeking a cuddle anyway...

tamsin_stone_150.jpg

I started RR two years ago, I can't have hoards of bunnies so this was my way to help out rescues. Its very fun to do, if a lot of work.

I'm not sure what else you'd like to know so any questions fire away :D

Tamsin

Tam, what do you do when you're not on forums or updating Rabbit Rehome? Are you studying for anything? It's just that you know an awful lot of things about computers :D Can you give me any tips for my website? Please..... :D
comp_surfin.gif

bunnyhuggger said:
Tam, what do you do when you're not on forums or updating Rabbit Rehome?

Well, I have to sleep sometimes.... ;) I am studying, good guess. I've done a couple of distance learning degree courses which will hopefully add up to a degree in something or other (120 credits so far only another 240 to go!). I finished a history course just before the summer holidays and if I can find where I've hidden my cheque book I start humanities course next month.

I'm self employed as a web developer so thats where the computer know-how comes from. I spend a lot of time learning new bits of coding or putting websites together. I really enjoy it as I get to do the arty side with the graphics and the thinking on the code. Umm, website tips... lots of good content, plenty of people linking to you and cute bunny pictures are the secret, guarenteed to make your bandwidth bill soar :lol: If you have specific questions though, do ask :D

An extra Tamsin fact: I also have four rats, a hairy cat and lots of fish.

Tam

:D Hello Tamsin. I think your rabbit rehome site is wonderful although I'm glad most of the rabbits on it are too far away from me otherwise I would have a house and garden full of them :lol: I did get Truffle through the website and she is gorgeous as is your Alfie.

There ya go, thats better, hope it wasn't to hard for you :lol: First time I've been able to see Alfie, avatars are to small for me to make out what Im looking at :lol: He's very cute!!! Blue eyes too, he sounds yummy.
Ok curiousity is satified now, you may step down from the podium and go do everything else you need to.

Angela

Hi Tamsin, you are indeed a whiz on the computer, and I think I can speak for everyone in admiration of the wonderful job you have done for bunnies across Britain with the Rabbit rehome site it really is a major step towards helping bunnies.

:thumb:

I second that Annie :!:
Tamsin is an inspiration to us all, and bunnies everywhere would like to say a huge THANK YOU for your wonderful dedication and great efforts to help them :D

Ps. But come on Folks this is your only possible chance to find out more about Tamsin, you have let her off easily with your questions so far...heres a few of my own

1) Do you have a philosophy on Life , favourite quote that inspires you?

2) How did the idea to begin RR come to you?
Did you envisage that it would be so successful when you began?

3) What are you hobbies....apart from working on the Computer, studying etc, for example, do you read (If so, favourite book of all time and why??), are you musical or ever played a musical instrument

4) Favourite food, colour and Tv programmes ..not necessarily in that order?
5) Favourite Hunk you admire and wish you could wed! : :shock:
6) What is your Star sign and Birthday?(so we can all send you lots of cards) :D

Tamsin you do not have to answer all these questions, but perhaps you could pick one or two, or three, or four to answer :lol: :lol:

I third that Adele :lol: :lol: :lol: To have all that knowledge and talent at such a tender age!! Also I must mention patience as I have watched all the topics "picking Tamsin's brain" (me included) :p :lol: :p :lol:

Aww thank you everyone :D

Sorry Adele I missed your mini quiz post. I'll try to answer some now...

2) How did the idea to begin RR come to you?
Did you envisage that it would be so successful when you began?

I guess a couple of things, one seeing the adverts by rescues/people spread all over the web and bunnies getting rehomed from posting I thought if there was one central place it would work better. Having bunnies of my own and having done some volunteer work at a rescue probably helped too. I had no idea it would end up with soo many bunnies coming and going, and soo many thousands of visitors each much. I did worry it would end up with just a couple of bunnies and no one using it. When it reached 50 bunnies I was surprised, 100 shocked and now there are 1200 or so been through I'm just :shock:

3) What are you hobbies....apart from working on the Computer, studying etc, for example, do you read (If so, favourite book of all time and why??), are you musical or ever played a musical instrument

I read lots, my room looks like a mini library. I guess my favourite stories are fatasy ones with dragons and advertures. I read allsorts though from animal stories to mysteries. I wrote a book too - http://www.childminding-success.co.uk/ which is why I was lugging boxes of them around as we just had to have a new run printed. Am I musical? umm well I scrapped through a grade two on flute but I haven't played for years. I can read music and know which keys are which on a keyboard but can't hit them in the right order. I perfected mouthing words in the school choir :D I do listen to music though.

4) Favourite food, colour and Tv programmes ..not necessarily in that order?

Chocolate of course!! Blue/Green I don't watch that much tv, a few animal programs mostly. Nothing that I deliberately sit down each week to see.

5) Favourite Hunk you admire and wish you could wed! :

I see myself as more an old lady with a lot of cats than the wedding type ;) Except my cats might have short tails and long ears.

6) What is your Star sign and Birthday?(so we can all send you lots of cards)

March 4th

Tam :)

I think this makes you a Taurus

The Bull
April 21 to May 21

Traditional
Taurus Traits

Patient and reliable
Warmhearted and loving
Persistent and determined
Placid and security loving

Does this sound familiar?

wish I'd known about the childminding book, could have helped me many moons ago.

[/img][/url]

The one before that I think, starts with P ands a fish, can't spell it though :)

Tam

Sorry my mistake

This makes you a pisces?

My OH is a pisces so you must be a workaholic then?
Do you lack 'patience'?Some of my mates are piscian's and they too have no patience. My OH is terrible especially when I am driving :lol:

They do however, have a good sense of humour (when you can distract them from work for a second)

I wrote a book too - http://www.childminding-success.co.uk/ which is why I was lugging boxes of them around as we just had to have a new run printed.

Our childminding group has got that book!
Didn't know it was you - you learn somethimg new everyday! . . . Now I can come to you for rabbit AND childminding advice!

I read lots, my room looks like a mini library. I guess my favourite stories are fatasy ones with dragons and advertures.

Do you like Anne Mccaffrey's Pern series? I love them, read them so many times now though.

Back