• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very Cold Weather Warning for the End of This Week

From one extreme to the other ! Both cat and bunny both moulting like crazy, I keep telling them to stop, they are going to need their fur !

Mine are indoors, but I shall be leaving the heating on constant in the conservatory if we get the predicted temperatures. His Royal Hartleyness and consort ( Rubi ) have to be kept snug.

We've still got winter storm warnings and advisories for the week here. Snow seems to be the order of the day for southwestern interior Ogreon (yes, I misspelt on purpose) and there's lots of talk of flooding dangers. :( I'd just appreciate the winds taking it down a notch, it hits the house full force on my side where my bedroom is. Darned hard to sleep even with music playing overnight on my phone. :?

We live at almost the base of a good sized hill/mountain so I do worry that enough water will fall to cause a mudslide to come our way. A bit scary, that. I've seen areas where the coast road has come away during my drives to the town just south of us as well, if you were driving that road at speed you might not be able to stop in time if it slid while you were on it.

And I always have to cross the highest bridge in the state on that trip. Me who hates heights, it's a good thing I have to concentrate on the road, I'd have a breakdown otherwise! :shock:

Stay safe, everyone and everybun. Wild weather is the order of the day for this time of year, but it's not very welcome in any case.

I used to worry so much about my outside rabbits when it snowed and, now I have a house bun, I take great delight in holding Stakki up near the window, all the radiators on, and watching the snow fall, knowing he'll always be warm and safe!

I hate this never ending cold weather.
It's worse here, it's terribly inconsistent! It's been so up and down here Aboleth's moulted at least three times already: she looks like a zebra with all her moult lines, poor girl! She was sprawled out on the windowsill like it was midsummer at dusk Sunday :(

I'm away this weekend but OH is home so will tell him to give them some hay cookies and maybe some 'proper' treats :) I'll set up their heat-space (carrier) before I leave Wednesday evening. As of yesterday it wasn't supposed to be too bad in Nottingham but Cambridge might be very chilly and possibly windy so I'm taking leggings for under my trousers! I'm also glad I'm not in Moscow because -30 is pretty bad even for there :S

Back