• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aggressive female....really just after a sympathetic ear

Pip&Milo

Warren Scout
Weve had to seperate milo and rory for the last couple of days :( theyre in the same room seperated by bars and alternating spaces. Out of nowhere Rory has become super aggressive with Milo and just will not leave him be! Within seconds of being together she will hump his face until he retaliates. However when he throws her off she is almost presenting herself to him. Shes due to be spayed soon and so i think were just gonna have to hold out until then! They have such a loving relationship so im really hoping this is just her hormones. :( i have tried to leave them to work it out but it keeps getting to the point of worrying that one will get seriously hurt! Any advice reassurance or just kind words will be appreciated :'(

I think separating them until Rory is spayed is a wise move as if they were to have a real fight any attempt at bonding after her spay may well be very challenging. Rabbits dont forget who they have had a serious fight with. I am sure that Rory's behaviour is hormone driven and hopefully once she has recovered from her spay you will be able to reunite them.

I agree, if they fall out you'll have a job getting them back together if at all. Whereas separating them at this point hopefully means post spay you'll have two bunnies keen to snuggle up and they'll rebond much more easily :)

Thanks ladies. I just feel bad having them seperated especially as whoever is in the pen doesnt have much room (or not as much as theyre used to!) Also slightly concerned i wil have spoilt their relationship by trying to put them back together. At the moment theyre 100% sulking with each other!

Back