• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Nodular Myxomatosis

GilliC

New Kit
Hi my first post on here!
I have read a lot of posts on nodular mxyi including Viola Rose which was a great help.

My 4 year old bunny, Ivy has had this awful virus for about 8 weeks now! She is lively,eating well etc but we can't seem to get rid of the last 2 nodules! Her nose is still a hard scab which isn't ready to come off and one above her eye which is still drying out! We are keeping her on baytril and loxicom until she is 100% and weekly vet visits.

Has anyone else's bun taken this long?

Thank you 🙂

Hi my first post on here!
I have read a lot of posts on nodular mxyi including Viola Rose which was a great help.

My 4 year old bunny, Ivy has had this awful virus for about 8 weeks now! She is lively,eating well etc but we can't seem to get rid of the last 2 nodules! Her nose is still a hard scab which isn't ready to come off and one above her eye which is still drying out! We are keeping her on baytril and loxicom until she is 100% and weekly vet visits.

Has anyone else's bun taken this long?

Thank you 🙂

Hello

I am sorry to hear about your Rabbit. A member on here 'Santa' recently had a Rabbit with Nodular Myxomatosis and the Rabbit had acupuncture to treat a large nodule that was taking a long time to resolve. The treatment was very successful. I'd drop Santa a PM and I am sure that she'll offer you good advice :)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/member.php?6187-Santa

Thank you! Just after I posted this I saw Santa's post about Delilah's scab coming off after 5 months. Which reassured me 8 weeks isn't too bad!
Dreadful virus!

Thank you! Just after I posted this I saw Santa's post about Delilah's scab coming off after 5 months. Which reassured me 8 weeks isn't too bad!
Dreadful virus!

Hi Gill and welcome to the forum :wave:

I'm sorry you and Ivy have this issue - and yes it can take a long time to fully resolve.

I hope with vet's help you can make her better :)

Thank you!
The vet managed to take away some of the scab at the side of her nose tonight. But her actual nose is brick hard and is nowhere near ready to come off!
I've found this forum a great help and reassurance throughout her illness.
Ivy looks like your bunny in your profile pic! An English Spot? 😃🐰

Thank you!
The vet managed to take away some of the scab at the side of her nose tonight. But her actual nose is brick hard and is nowhere near ready to come off!
I've found this forum a great help and reassurance throughout her illness.
Ivy looks like your bunny in your profile pic! An English Spot? 😃🐰

You're welcome :D

I'm glad you're getting some help here. We love our rabbits to bits and would do anything for them to be happy :D

My Max (in profile pic) came from a hoarder who had collected dozens of rabbits. He was terribly thin and needed his front teeth out in order to be able to eat. I guess his breed is English Spot :D

I love my bunnies too!
I got Ivy from the local rescue in May after other bunnies partner died in April.
She is a great natured bunny, I can't believe someone gave her away.
I think Ivy isn't a pure breed spot as she has one ear up and one down. But it's very cute! 🐰

I love my bunnies too!
I got Ivy from the local rescue in May after other bunnies partner died in April.
She is a great natured bunny, I can't believe someone gave her away.
I think Ivy isn't a pure breed spot as she has one ear up and one down. But it's very cute! 🐰

I couldn't give my bunnies away for anything :love:

Hi Gill, welcome to the forum. I have an English spot too, with possibly a bit of lionhead. She's quite feisty and will box my hand or bite me, especially if I'm not quick enough putting her food in. She's just got a husbun, he couldn't be more laid back, so hope he chills her out lol :lol:

Sorry Ivy has been poorly x

I've never had a bunny as laid back as Ivy she is a wee soul, a lady that rescues bunnies said English Spots are gentle rabbits so maybe it's the lion head in yours making her feisty?! I had 2 lion head crosses before my current 2 bunnies and they weren't as chilled as Ivy.
My other bunny Blu, is a dwarf lop and isn't as easy to handle! However Ivy has chilled him out a bit so fingers crossed same happens with yours.

I've never had a bunny as laid back as Ivy she is a wee soul, a lady that rescues bunnies said English Spots are gentle rabbits so maybe it's the lion head in yours making her feisty?! I had 2 lion head crosses before my current 2 bunnies and they weren't as chilled as Ivy.
My other bunny Blu, is a dwarf lop and isn't as easy to handle! However Ivy has chilled him out a bit so fingers crossed same happens with yours.

Yes I was thinking the exact same thing - it's the feisty lionhead! My English Spot was a complete softy :love: He used to sleep on my bed and followed me around *all* the time.

Ha you could be right, although my three lionhead sisters are soft as, so it's probably just her. Still love her though :lol: x

My spot is the same she follows me around like a dog and has been so patient getting her faced cleaned by me and the vet.
They are all different though that's what makes them so much fun! ����

Back