• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to cope with garden downsize with 4 buns

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I'm struggling for inspiration and figured I can't be the only one!

We're moving this summer, to a much bigger house with long term security, but a smaller garden. For various reasons house rabbits are not a practical option.

I have 2 happily bonded pairs: currently Finx and Tango live in a 4x4ft playhouse with attached double storey run (8x4 downstairs, 6x3 upstairs), and Doris and Pepper live in a 6x2 double hutch with attached 8x4 run.

The playhouse is perfect after a lot of work and will definitely be kept, both runs need replacing, the hutch is very sturdy but just not a playhouse!

Has anyone else had to be creative to deal with a downsize? I'm thinking about a U-shaped set up with a long thin run along the back fence, which could be 3ft tall with some shelves... two side by side playhouses on the right hand fence and another run somehow on the other side.

Apologies for the essay - if anyone has been in a similar situation do you have any tips? I'm worried I'll need to reduce their square footage.

Thanks for reading!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'd maybe do a U shape set up depending on the shape of the garden.... (Sorry- brain scrambled so I might have missed it).

This way you'd look up the garden, see the two play houses side by side. The coming off the left and down one side would be a run for the left playhouse.
Then to the right you'd have the right run that comes out and down the edge of the garden.

Hope this.makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hmm yeah, with matching L-shaped runs? It would need to be on the side fence as the back fence has the gate in it... but could work... thanks!

Hmm yeah, with matching L-shaped runs? It would need to be on the side fence as the back fence has the gate in it... but could work... thanks!

Yes... like a mirror image on each side :)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back