• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hiro not well :( GOOD NEWS!

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
I'll update later but asking for vibes.
Feel so useless I've got this b****y dislocated knee and I can't physically do anything :'(

Last edited:
Oh no :cry: You are surely due a break from all the stress you have been experiencing :cry: Sending millions of vibes for Hiro x

Back from the vets now.
Hiro isn't eating :( He was fine a few hours ago and then when we gave them their greens he wasn't interested. Very unusual for Hiro because he loves them. We offered him everything and he just wasn't interested. He ran off and then came back in the room and did a wee on the floor, also very unsual because he's well litter trained. He then went to his litter tray and did another wee there.
Since we've got back from the vets he seems ok on himself, he's wondering around and he is sniffing food but he still hasn't eaten anything :(

So sorry you are having such a tough time atm. Sending Hiro healing vibes and hoping things improve for you really soon. Xxx

Back from the vets now.
Hiro isn't eating :( He was fine a few hours ago and then when we gave them their greens he wasn't interested. Very unusual for Hiro because he loves them. We offered him everything and he just wasn't interested. He ran off and then came back in the room and did a wee on the floor, also very unsual because he's well litter trained. He then went to his litter tray and did another wee there.
Since we've got back from the vets he seems ok on himself, he's wondering around and he is sniffing food but he still hasn't eaten anything :(

What did the vet say he thought was wrong? Did he prescribe anything?

She didn't seem too sure. She said that he had gut sounds but that he didn't seem happy when she pressed on his tummy but he doesn't really like being touched anyway so it could have just been down to that. He hasn't lost any weight since the last time they saw him, he's actually gained a little. Everything feels ok. His ears were ok, he wouldn't let her check his teeth but they were checked a few weeks ago so they should be fine but they will be try again tomorrow morning when we take him in. Chest sounds clear too.
She gave him metacam, buprenorphine, metaclop and ranitidine and gave me the option of leaving him with her because I can't walk!!! But we decided to bring him home to be with Sy.

Good boy Hiro :thumb: That's actually quicker than any of my three would have done just from having a visit to the vets :lol:

Back