• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Endeavour Choked :-( -U/D Seems to be OK Now

Oh god Jane...tell me he's okay, please...were you able to Heimlich him?

He is OK now. He was drinking (from a bowl) and he must have inhaled water aswell as taken it into his mouth. He has done this once before, when he was a baby. We will be listening to his lungs every few hours and of course generally monitoring him. So far he seems to have recovered. Obviously he panicked when it happened which no doubt made everything worse.

No idea why this has happened :cry:

I'm so glad to read he's okay now. Had to have been terrifying for you. ((((Hugs))))
I hope he has no more episodes today and recovers completely.

Fiver used to suck water down the wrong way occasionally and did a lot of coughing/choking sounds as a result but it was always before he needed a dental.

Can't argue your opinion of 2017. Bring on 2018! :(

I'm sorry Jane - not a good start to the day (I'm not writing the year off just yet!).
I hope he is okay, and not too traumatised by the experience.

Oh no, what a frightening experience for you both :(

Sending lots of love and vibes for Endeavour xx

How scary :shock: Poor Endeavour and you. I hope he remains OK. Sending lots of vibes.

Thank you all. I think I stupidly panicked too as after the week I have had with poor Morse I am somewhat on edge all the time. Hopefully Endeavour's 'episode' will be a one off accident and not a sign of any further problems.

Being obligate nose breathers it must be very frightening for a Rabbit to have a lot of water go up the nose. I guess it must feel like drowning :cry:

To be honest Jane, I would have panicked too. Anyone would. You've got a poorly puppy and now this.

In all likelihood, it was over-vigourous drinking that caused it and a one-off.

Noserubs to him and hugs to you.

Xx

How horrible! I've been at the vets recently with one of mine. Thought it was too good to be true I escaped Christmas and new year without a vet bill! :lol:Glad he has recovered Jane. Sending lots of calming vibes for your nerves too! :) It was my birthday yesterday and had planned a lovely meal out with hubby but after two days of stress I was physically ill with sickness and headaches so we cancelled even though Ebony has recovered and doing well.

How horrible! I've been at the vets recently with one of mine. Thought it was too good to be true I escaped Christmas and new year without a vet bill! :lol:Glad he has recovered Jane. Sending lots of calming vibes for your nerves too! :) It was my birthday yesterday and had planned a lovely meal out with hubby but after two days of stress I was physically ill with sickness and headaches so we cancelled even though Ebony has recovered and doing well.

Oh I am sorry that Ebony was poorly and that you have been too. Hopefully you will be able to have your Birthday meal out later this week or next weekend.

Thankfully Endeavour has not shown any signs of respiratory problems after his choking incident. But he has aggravated his arthritis due to getting into such a blind panic when the choke occurred :cry: We have upped his analgesia for today. He is still eating and pooing OK..*touches wood*

Poor bun:cry: I've not had the experience of a choking bunny, but have had to deal with food related choking in rats. Hope he's ok now.

Back