• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just posting for some vibes...

KatyS

Warren Scout
Peter is at the vets with GI stasis. I think he's on the mend, he has just started to eat again on his own, but she wants to keep him in overnight to keep him on pain relief and keep an eye on him.

He's already spent last night at the emergency OOH and all of today at our usual vets, and Trixie has gone in with him. It's been a worrying 24 hours and even though it seems likely he'll get better now, I'm just a bit down - the house seems so strange without them!

So fingers crossed and good vibes that we get them back tomorrow please :)

Peter is at the vets with GI stasis. I think he's on the mend, he has just started to eat again on his own, but she wants to keep him in overnight to keep him on pain relief and keep an eye on him.

He's already spent last night at the emergency OOH and all of today at our usual vets, and Trixie has gone in with him. It's been a worrying 24 hours and even though it seems likely he'll get better now, I'm just a bit down - the house seems so strange without them!

So fingers crossed and good vibes that we get them back tomorrow please :)

Oh no!!

Vibes he gets better and comes home soon xx

Thanks guys :) It's not always easy to explain how much the bunnies mean to me, and I knew you'd understand.

I found myself waking up in the middle of the night last night wondering how he was doing.

They're normally mischievous house rabbits, so it's very strange to be walking around not worrying about quickly closing doors behind me!

Just had the call to say I can pick them up today :) Been on edge all morning even though I knew that no news was good news!

Thank you very much everybody. They're both home now and Peter is full of beans. This morning we woke up to find him sitting in the middle of the spare bed, looking very pleased with himself (we usually keep the door to that room closed!) And he was bouncing around following me, I think he's got used to people offering him tasty treats! We have two doses of metacam and 5 days worth of some gut motility medication, to hopefully keep him on the right track. So pleased that have them home :)

Here he is, looking like his usual cheeky self...

(His ear doesn't normally flop, he hasn't quite worked out how to hold it up again after having the IV in it!)

I'm pleased that they are home with you and he's doing well. Yes he will of course expect lots of treats to tempt him to eat now :lol: Lovely pic :love:

Gosh what a lovely bunny!! I'm so pleased he's home now. It's amazing isn't it how something small can make such a big impression on your life as you really do notice it when they're not there. My buns are outside and I hate it when they are in the vets, garden just seems 'empty' without them. :wave:

Back