• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Officially introducing Darwin x

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

I'm really happy to introduce Dotties boyfriend who we have named Darwin (he's the cream/white rabbit) :)

After searching extensively, one unsuccessful 'date' with another rabbit and two long car journeys we found this handsome chap. There were a few prospective bucks, but Darwin was the first one we saw and the first one introduced to Dottie. He had been at the rescue for two months and was an unwanted pet, but had been looked after properly by his previous owner. He had arrived with his brother, but they had been separated previously for fighting. Darwin did have a small wound on his ear.

She was already in the lady's run when Darwin was added. He was very calm and relaxed and Dottie was happy to hop about exploring, he came over and sniffed her a few times. There was a bit of chasing but it appeared playful and he tried to hump her a few times. But we were really encouraged by what we saw.

Since bringing them home they have been together ever since. We saw no reason to separate them as they were getting on so well. Their pen is in our bedroom so we can keep a close eye. They will move into my daughters room in a week or so if things continue to go well.

I'm delighted :) :love: x

Aww a tri coloured lop.my bridge bun Rio was one,he was a gentle soul and bonded with his wifey young girl Cleo in a few days.:love:

That's awesome, sounds just like Lopsy and Aboleth's bond! Hope it continues to be much like theirs too :D

Thanks everyone, I'm just a little bit over the moon. It's like Dotties had a personality transplant too lol :lol: x

Back