• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bleu keeps escaping

No matter how we try to contain Bleu in his pen over night he manages to get out. First it was opening the doors so we tied them up, then he jumped the pen so we put panels on which dont fit properly and he jumped through the hole. WE then put 4 pillows covering the hole and he managed to still jump through. When he has been escaping he is then free range with both the dogs and has access to the other buns room. Its not the dogs thats bothered him its the other buns. He has stuck his nose through the bars and got his nose bit which had to have a trip to the vet who said he couldnt do much with it because the wound had already dried up. The cut looked quite bad and he is going to be left with a funny looking nose, poor bun. The vet did give him an antibiotic injection which has worked because its not infected but bloody hell its a shame. The cut never bothered him but dont know if that was because of the metacam. Its now been 4 days and looks a lot better. I think im going to get my wish of taking him to bed with us because i feel like im playing Russian roulette with him overnight with him escaping or damaging his nose more by butting things to escape. Sorry for the ramble just needed to air my worries. xxx

Ive got some weldmesh and i never even thought of that, got loads left from making the aviary. Im going to try and make the hubby see that its safer for Bleu to be in our bedroom tonight. If he hasnt agreed by 3pm i will tell him we will have to make a roof for the pen. I would really love him to come to bed with us though but i would need to try him before bedtime to make sure he knows where his litter tray, food, water and hay are. 3pm would give me enough time to get him used to the bedroom with me watching.

Hopefully you can convince your hubby, if not fingers crossed you can make his pen safer :)

I just keep saying "look at his poor nose, it could be his life next" A bit cruel i know :lol: but my hubby has a heart of gold, i like it being "his" idea though to take bleu upstairs. lol...

Bleu sounds as norty as my Elphie's being right now! Tomorrow, OH and I are going to sort her and Selene a bigger space. :lol:

Aww, I'm sorry you have more bunny worries. I bet Bleu can read your thoughts about wanting him free range. When we got Joey from the rspca he was caged with his brother who badly bit his nose. I barely see it but vets always ask, I think maybe they think its a myxi scar!

Aww, I'm sorry you have more bunny worries. I bet Bleu can read your thoughts about wanting him free range. When we got Joey from the rspca he was caged with his brother who badly bit his nose. I barely see it but vets always ask, I think maybe they think its a myxi scar!

You can really see the cut on his nose, i will try to get a pic of it but its a bit hard when he doesnt keep still lol..

Well i got my way and he spent the night running round our bedroom. He has had a bit of a poo party that the hubby found when he went the bathroom through the night :lol: He sounds like a herd of elephants when he runs round so god help us when he is full grown. Hopefully the poo party is just him marking the room as his and stops soon. It could be worse and be weeing all round.

hope the mesh idea works, have you got photo of his night set up incase anyone can offer any escape proof ideas for you

Well bleu has had the run of our bedroom since the 2nd of jan and boy is he noisy. Two nights ago i woke to him grooming my eyebrow to death most of the night. Last night it was my foot, then he got at the side of me and did a lovely big wee. Then he went to the hubby and groomed his chin then did a wee on him too. Hubby was not very pleased with this at all and is now saying he might have to sleep downstairs again. I really dont want this but we cant have him weeing on us either. He runs all over us in bed and we can cope with that but having to change the bed through the night is a bit much. We had to sleep on towels last night because i wasnt prepared lol.. the bed is in the middle of the room so i cant even section the bedroom off. He didnt even wee on the quilt he waits and gets in a spot on the sheet at the side of you so a shower curtain wouldnt help. Im lost for ideas and hope he was just marking us and he wont do it again but ive got a feeling he will. Any ideas anyone. xx

A member who used to post on here ended up with puppy panels round her bed to keep her bunnies from weeing on her bed :lol: either that or you could get a high loft bed ;)

Oh dear lol.. when we change bedrooms we can plan the room to Bleu then but its in the mean time im worried about. I might have to take the dogs up to bed and leave Bleu free range in living room. God help us if 2 labradors decide they want to share a bed with us though. :lol:

I have no ideas, but I will say that my OH most definitely would not tolerate this :lol: He's not happy with hay that I deposit on the carpet after being outside with the rabbits :lol:

I must admit I did find your account amusing, especially the thought that Bleu is deliberately choosing his places to wee.

I have no ideas, but I will say that my OH most definitely would not tolerate this :lol: He's not happy with hay that I deposit on the carpet after being outside with the rabbits :lol:

I must admit I did find your account amusing, especially the thought that Bleu is deliberately choosing his places to wee.

My OH is the same :lol: he informed me that there was straw on our bedroom carpet, we don't have straw in the house so it must have clung onto my clothes from the goat shed and then got transported inside :shock: :lol:

Back