• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What a rubbish few days...

catherine09

Mama Doe
First we lost Woody on Friday suddenly

Saturday morning I woke up to blood all over the kennel floor and on Noah's nose, first thing I thought was him and Jess had fought, but he had actually damaged his nail bed and must have washed himself and smeared it on his nose.

Today I woke up to River in stasis :(

Feeling very stressed about everything and I guess just needed to vent a bit. I still need to organise woodys cremation, currently he is wrapped in a towel inside a cardboard box inside of one of the spare hutches. I just can't face it, all this has set my anxiety off big time :(

Saturday morning I woke up to blood all over the kennel floor and on Noah's nose, first thing I thought was him and Jess had fought, but he had actually damaged his nail bed and must have washed himself and smeared it on his nose.

Feeling very stressed about everything and I guess just needed to vent a bit. I still need to organise woodys cremation, currently he is wrapped in a towel inside a cardboard box inside of one of the spare hutches. I just can't face it, all this has set my anxiety off big time :(

Oh no, you certainly are not having a good start to 2017 :cry: I hope that Noah and River are doing better now ?

It is obviously extremely distressing to know that you also have to arrange poor Woody's cremation :cry:

(((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))) xx

Catherine I'm so sorry :(

Thank you everyone. It helps to just write it all down!

Thankfully both Noah and River seem ok. I must have caught rivers stasis early as once she had meds inside her she went from belly pressing and not letting me near her, to her bouncy happy self and wolfed down some fresh grass and her dinner an hour ago. Fingers crossed she will be ok now,if not I'll have a trip down the emergency vets later on I guess!

Noah's nail is still attached and it is looking much better. He has also cleaned the blood off his nose (I tried but smeared it and it ended up looking worse)!! It didn't affect his appetite one bit, he is a greedy thing :lol:

What a rotten few days. I'm very glad that they both seem to be doing ok now. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, that there will be no more nasty suprises for a while.

I don't know what to say, it's been a rough start for you and I'm so sorry for that. :(
Glad to hear the bubs seem to be doing okay now. I just went through watching Fiver bleed like a stuck pig a couple weeks ago with a nail mishap, but I was the cause of that one. :( You're in my thoughts and I hope things improve from here on out. ((((Hugs)))) xxxx

Back