• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!! Mubby leaving currents all over place!lol

Mubby

Banned
helpppppppppppp!!!

ok i need soem help and tips please if you lot have any!!

As wonderful as mubby is at going for a wee wee in his litter tray he drops curents all over my carpet :roll:

any tips ?? how can i get him to poo in his cage/ litter box ??

thankyouuuuuuuuuuu :lol:

ps. anyone that helps can have some home made current buns !! :lol:

hehehehe.. Mine does too, altho he is better now than he was to start with.
All i did was sweep them up and put them in his tray and eventually he might get the idea.
Think i'll pass on the current buns thanks. :wink:
Chris

Yep, sweeping them up and putting them in the tray should help him cotton on to things. Also when he's old enough to neuter that may help. leaving currents around is marking behaviour. He's making sure any bunnies considering passing through his living room know that its his territory ;)

Yes my bunnies also leave them all over the carpet and I haven't seen a change since they've been neutered! :( though they mostly leave them within a 1 metre radius of the litter tray!!! Maybe I just need a huge tray :D

My big buns are pretty messy with their purlies in the outside run but ok inside, Honey, Shadey, Big Mac, Snowball, and Rosie are all clean and tidy, Gigi is learning to use her litter trays just now, Jasper doesn't give a dam and is an EXPERT at spraying on anyone or anything that passes by his run, and as for Bear ................ well, unless the vet comes up with a couple of small somethings when she has a rummage, Adele you are in for a treat!!!!!!

I think neutering will help and also as he gets older he'll probably clean up his act, if not then it'll be a LOT of bending exercises for you!

I'll pass on the current buns too, ta very much
sick.gif

touie said:
Yes my bunnies also leave them all over the carpet and I haven't seen a change since they've been neutered! :( though they mostly leave them within a 1 metre radius of the litter tray!!! Maybe I just need a huge tray :D

hahaha!! :lol:

No takers for my current buns :roll:

lol I know its not as if they are squidgey and they are really easy to pick up so its not that bad , My hoovers feeling over used since getting Mubby!! lol :lol:

annnnndddddddd he just wee wee'd on the carpet for the first time :(
he better not start that!! ill smack his fluffy tail!! ( not really! lol)

:wink: ta for advice!!

hello
if he is an indoor bunny then potentially each time he is coming out he is remarking his territory with his poos, as the smells from your household cleaning products being stronger than his, he will need to remark. However, bunnies can learn that this is not acceptable behaviour and only do their poos in litter trays, as Tamsin has said, perhaps keep placing them back in to his tray, and see if that works. Unfortunately, it is a bunnies natural behaviour each time he leaves his warren to mark his territory, and I guess this is just what he is doing.....

I can cope with the currants in the house but I came in one day last month and Treacle had obviousle had a bad tum! :? There was a poo trail all over the house including the cage, bed, carpet and shelves that they like to climb on, not nice!!! :(

Maybe use a water gun (small of course) to squirt him each time he goes out of the litter box. Or every time he does it, put him back into his house for some "time out".

Oh I`m so glad I don`t like current buns :)

I have had the same problem but must admit after him being fixed 3 months ago, I`m finding hes doing it less and less and more often in the litter box :)

I had my daughters friends mother over the other day to pick up her daughter. As the bunnies were out, a few "currents" were on the floor. Her remark was "thankfully ***** (a pre schooler) doesn`t like raisins" :lol:

Thankfully she didn`t mind a few on the floor. I can think of a few ppl I know that would be horrified if they saw them on the floor!!

bronie

touie said:
I can cope with the currants in the house but I came in one day last month and Treacle had obviousle had a bad tum! :? There was a poo trail all over the house including the cage, bed, carpet and shelves that they like to climb on, not nice!!! :(

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww poor Treacle :cry:

poor you who had to clean up!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ellepotter said:
With Ted being an Angora the poo seem's to act like a magnet to his coat, so when's he's hoping around he leave's trail's of poo!

Louise

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back