• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Catflaps - replacing magnetic strip?

Casco

Mama Doe
My previous foster bunny has apparently nibbled the magnetic strip on the frame of the cat flap to the extent that it just falls off now so there's nothing to hold the cat flap closed when it's windy (like today!) Has anyone ever bought a new magnet? I've had a Google but the part I'm looking for isn't coming up, seems a waste to have to buy a whole new cat flap jut because one little bit doesn't work right but I'd rather it would close properly to stop drafts in the shed. Or is there a better option than a catflap for access between the shed and run?

I think catflap is the best as that seals the hole apart from when they are going through. Have you tried the manufacturer directly? They might at least give you the part number or a stockist.

I'm sure it is Staywell I bought, will contact them directly to see if they can help. I wonder if magnetic tape would work if I can't get the part, would certainly be useful if it does.

Just to update - I emailed Staywell and they have replied advising that this magnet is not available as a spare part but offering to take one off one of the old doors they have there and send it on to me, which is very nice of them.

Ok so in fact they are sending me an entire replacement door as a goodwill gesture under the warranty as they couldn't find a magnet! Definitely worthwhile emailing them, they have been very helpful :thumb:

Ok so in fact they are sending me an entire replacement door as a goodwill gesture under the warranty as they couldn't find a magnet! Definitely worthwhile emailing them, they have been very helpful :thumb:

Now that's what I call customer service!
M & S could do with taking a leaf out of their book.

Didn't expect them to be so helpful given that I told them it was a rabbit that caused the damage lol wasn't a fault with the door at all. It wasn't an expensive door either, probably one of the cheapest they make. Very pleased :D

Back