• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In new here

kathryn

Young Bun
I am a first time rabbit owner and now have two rabbits. Bun was bought into the vet i am training to be a vet nurse at as a baby of less than 24 hours old after being caught by a cat. I fed her every 4 hours including throughout the night for the first 5 weeks. She caught bloat at three weeks and did not pooh for 11 days. Lots of drugs and nursing pulled her through and she is just my baby girl. She is now 18 weeks old and such a sweetie. She has been a house bun until this week when her destructive tendancys proved too much so she sleeps outside with Henry in their double decker hutch. When i say outside i mean in a shed with light and heating. Had to modify her hutch. Her sleeping quarters have newspaper, sawdust and hay in and she has 3 towels in her hutch to burrow in. She tends to just shred and eat newspaper so we have put lino tiles on the hutch floor. She also has an outside outside hutch which is above a run so they have access to a run and a ladder. She still comes in every evening for a cuddle. She is still a very petite rabbit, less than a kilo, but perfectly formed. Is a wild rabbit but is unreleasable due to her being hand reared. She just loves peole and will gallop up to speak to anyone or anything.I recently got Henry from the vets where i work, the vets dog found and caught him breaking his leg, he had been abandoned in a woods backing on to a cemetary. He was only 6 weeks old. He had an external fixator on for 7 weeks and although his leg has healed he still is not using the leg very well but i hope that evetually he will get full usage back, he has grown into a gorgeous grey and white lop and Bun dotes on him. Sorry i go on but i am so proud of my babies. Love them both to pieces.

:wave: Hi Kathryn

You sound as if you've got your hands full but well done with nursing both your bunnies back to health :thumb: Everyone on this forum loves pictures (especially me) so please post some soon :D

20.gif
Hello and welcome!!!! Yes, pictures pleeeeez!!!

Hi Kathryn, Bun and Henry - yes, you are right grey and white lops are gorgeous, but then I am biased :) They are both lucky to have found you.

Hi there Kathryn and WELCOME to the Nut house...oops :oops: , I mean Rabbits United Forum!!. :lol:

Hi Kathryn, until recently I worked for vets too, and I KNOW it's impossible to avoid bringing home the waifs and strays. Welcome to the site (from another newbie). :lol:

Me too, in fact I couldn't post up here at all cos I couldn't get few enugh pixels (whatever the heck they are). Hopefully someone else will help with that, but meanwhile it's dead easy to go to photobucket or webshots and make an album there and post the link up in your signature. People say photobucket is better than webshots, but I found them not user-friendly with registration ie they only have certain hours when you can register. Webshots is good, bu I don't think you can move pics from there to here, for example, but doesn't matter, cos people can click on here and see them in the webshots album if they want. Good luck! PS If you look on my or Bronie's posts, you'll see the link to both.

Back