• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello

baby04

Warren Scout
I have just found this forum and thought I would join.
I did have two houserabbits Peter and Ebony, but sadly Ebony passed away at the vets on Friday. I miss her terribly so does Peter.
I have had Peter for two and a half years (I had Ebony for two years).

Both were unwanted childrens pets. I got Peter first and when I was offered Ebony I wasn't sure as Peter was so loving towards me and I didn't want that to change.

I can't believe how wrong I was and how much more content Peter was.

I am also 8 months pregnant due on 25th sept. so would like to see if I can find another companion for Peter as I am so aware that my time is about to become a bit limited.

well I better go and put Peter in his outside run as it's a lovely day.
Tracey

Hiya and welcome Tracey :wave:

So sorry to hear about Ebony, it really hits you like a brick when a bunny dies, my heart goes out to both you and wee Peter. Was there an illness involved which caused her death?

But, as for a new friend for him, I have no DOUBT that there will be lots of offers soon!

Good luck with the baby!

Hi there Tracy Congratulations (albeit belated) on your pregnancy :D and commiserations upon your sad loss of Ebony....what a rollercoaster of emotions you must be feeling :?
Never mind, we are all nutty on here, so we will cheer you up somehow...even if you end up laughing AT us rather than with us..just as long as you DO keep smiling thats all that counts.
Big hugs and enjoy Rabbits United :D

Hi
Sorry to hear about your bunny.
Im sure there are many more bunnys out there that would love to come be a friend to Peter.
Chris

Thank you all for your welcomes and messages.

Ebony had what I call one of her off days where she wouldn't eat for a day on thursday last week normally the next day she would be fine and back to normal. But on Friday morning she was the same and when I had a look at her she had a very bloated tummy so I got her to the vets straight away. They x-rayed her and couldn't find any blockage but did manage to get some of the gas out. She was kept in at the vets then I had a phonecall Friday evening to say she had passed away.
They said she was just too poorly and gave up.

We have an animal rescue centre not far from here so I am planning a visit when I feel up to it.

Hi Tracy and welcome here to this very friendly forum. So sorry about Ebony - it is very hard to lose a friend.

Congratulations on your imminent arrival and we shall look forward to photos!! :lol:

:wave: Hello Tracy and Peter. Sorry to hear about Ebony but hope you are able to find Peter a new friend soon.

awwww

Huggles.
I`m thinking when one of my darling passes away, I`m going to plant a tree or shrub where they are resting. Then I will have a place to go to and remember and cry me eyes out. Others haven`t had a place to plant a tree so I have suggested, ask if you can plant one in a park.

Congrats on your pregnancy. Looking forward to seeing your toes again!! :lol:

bronie

Welcome
wave1.gif

Sorry to hear about your loss :(

Back