• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging. Arghh

Kim_w

Mama Doe
Is their anything I can put down in certain parts of the garden to discourage digging?
I currently have folded (now chewed!) garden chairs over favourite digging spots.
They hadn't bothered with digging for a while but seem to have ramped it up the last 2 days. Could this be because the weather has gone colder?
Don't really want to confine my pair to their run but one neighbour has 7 dogs and the other 4 so need to keep them safe.
We are going to pave the garden in the summer, just looking for a solution until then.

My single girl just loves being out, my pair I call the asbo bunnies. (Well flopsy is anyway) if she hasn't jumped on top of her hutch then looks up next doors fence on her back legs she is trying to dig her way out!

I've noticed one of my females digs more when her nails start getting too long for her... are they due a trim?

Other than that I'm not sure what would help x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We use a green plastic mesh designed for driveways and under play equipment etc. It has small holes and the grass grows through to create a thatch so that after a while it is invisible. Think we got a 30m roll on eBay for about £50. Buns haven't been able to dig through it and the holes are too small for them to get their teeth into it to pull it up the way they did with the metal stuff.

Back