• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This goes against everything I've learnt as a rabbit owner but...

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
I have a rabbit who is bonded to 2 different rabbits :shock:

Some of you will know our back story but to cut a long story short I had 2 couples, Max and Charlotte, and Timmy and Mimi. Sadly I lost Mimi over the summer :cry: So, as I feel unable to take another bun on at the moment for various reasons, I tried to bond Timmy in with Max and Charlotte. Max accepted him but despite my persistance Charlotte just would not. So after much agonizing I went on to plan B which was to seperate my spare room into 2 seperate pens so that Timmy could see them and interact with them through the bars without getting beaten up by Madame Charlotte! (Note: they take it in turns to free range outside of the bunny room throughout the day.)

This has been working well, everybun seems happy and I am relieved to have made the best of a bad situation.

Then 2 weeks ago I walked in and Max had somehow opened Timmy's pen door and was sitting in there grooming him :shock: So since then I have been letting him in ever so often and letting them play without any problems atall :shock: I know it's an unusual situation and I wouldn't leave them unattended just incase but I think it really benefits them both :love:

I took these pictures this evening (excuse the mess it's big clean out day tomorrow!)

:love:

Yes I know exactly what you mean - I have had this too!!

If it works, and makes the bunnies happy, then why not :love:

That's so cool! My rabbit Jack is a bit like this with my other 2 bunnies, he's such a chill rabbit that's happy to be friends with everyone :lol:

I wish my duck Arya was like that too, he and Myrcella fell in love at first sight (super weird for 2 male muscovies) and so Arya immediately ditched his best friend Percy because his new best friend didn't like Percy. What a great friend Arya is :roll::lol:

None of my three are bonded, but when I'm cleaning out their pens, oftentimes Pip will have a wander up and down past Fiver's and Mimzy's to say hello. There is no bar biting or fighting, they just poke their noses through the gaps. Very different to when I first brought Fiver home and Pip, in with Mimzy at the time, would make a big fuss over wherever Fiver decided to show himself. :( What is it with the madams? :?

If they get along, why not? :D Better to have happy bunnies than pining ones. You never know, the hundredth monkey theory may come into play and Charlotte might finally accept Timmy? ;)

BTW, I love your 'draft dodger'! :D I need about ten of those! :lol: xxxx

Thanks everyone, I was half expecting to get told off! :lol:

Mimzmum charlotte accepting Timmy is the dream! The pens would come down and they'd all live happily together. You never know I guess :)

Back