• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hoppy Holidays MAY re-open again!!! UPDATE 10.1.17

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
There is a slight possibility of this happening....but not in the Midlands. Up north, way up north in fact.....

The Isle of Skye!!!!

Many things still to be discussed and thought about however if I were to consider moving and re-opening Hoppy Holidays, my question is........would I get any/many clients? I know it is far from many places, perhaps some bunny owners in that neck of the woods would be interested?

Would like to gauge who would possibly use my services and experience in caring for small furry friends. Bunnies, guinea pigs, hamsters, degus, gerbils, budgies....

Last edited:
I'm so glad the future may hold a chance for your hoppy holidays business, Mrs B, I know how much you loved it :wave:

It may be worth doing a survey in the area to assess how many pet keepers in the area would be interested in using your service. From an honest perspective, mainland Scotland I think you would struggle with people being able to travel that far (if you were coming a bit nearer to me I'd definitely use your services!)- for the Isle itself it could well be what people need. I hope there's enough business potential for you there xxx

I agree a survey would be good but I'm not sure how you'd spread it about... maybe on FB?
If it were the island I think there would be demand for you x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

That sounds awesome! I hope it works out for you.

I was thinking that I'd use you as we are moving a bit closer soon.... Isle of sky is possibly a bit far from glos though :lol:

Sounds a brilliant idea Mrs B, I'm not all that far away ! You could maybe contact local vets in the area, they would probably have a good idea of how many people have small pets, and most usually have a notice board in their waiting room. I'm sure people would be prepared to travel across from the mainland, Skye is easy enough to get to. Good luck, Skye is beautiful !

Well, myself and boyfriend are going on a 'recky' in a few weeks time. I've got quite a few ideas whizzing around my head, and one of the great things is that our possible future landlady is a bunny owing person too!!! Oh and chickens, tortoise, dogs, cat....

This really could be a once in a lifetime opportunity lifetime. Maybe I could open a little bunny and guinea pig rescue....there are many possibilities. Dog walking, home visits, over night stays....maybe even home boarding for one or two dogs at a time.....

A tremendous amount of thought is going into this, and I am checking out local GPs, dentists, opticians, food shops, restaurants, takeaways, social events all so I can get a 'feel' for the place.

And if we don't like it, we can always move back.

And of course, visitors would be most welcome.

Local vet...https://skyevet.wordpress.com/

Last edited:
And another thought, I am a reiki healer and qualified to practice.......being surrounded by such magnificent countryside would surely help me get back in tune with nature. I could do this as well as animal care...Oh the possibilities for doing what I really would love to do with my life.

This sounds wonderful Mrs B, I'm a reiki healer too. The energy up here is just amazing, I'm sure that you would love it xx

Wow, what an amazing opportunity, I'm very envious!

Grab life by the throat and live it to the full :)

Long story short.....there is a good chance that a move to the Isle of Skye will not be happening. Story of my life.....give her hope and then take it away. Won't say anymore right now, but needless to say.....GUTTED!!! :cry::cry:

Last edited:
It did look extremely beautiful in the photos you showed me but I was really worried about how isolated you would be. You are a sociable person and although you also enjoy your own company you like interacting with others. It's what puts me off moving to the Isle of Wight (which is actually just a hop across the water from where I live). I know how much I rely on my friends when I struggle with my mental health and you too have good friends who are there for you who would struggle to see much of you if you were living so far away.

It's partly selfish - I would miss you - and I think it might be a really good idea for you in a couple of years when you are stronger emotionally but you have had sooooo much change recently I really think you need now to have a period of stability. You have support from a counsellor and a mental health drop in group which are helping with your healing.

You have a lovely little house that you have made warm, cosy and welcoming. You feel safe there. I wouldn't make any huge changes just yet.

xxx

It did look extremely beautiful in the photos you showed me but I was really worried about how isolated you would be. You are a sociable person and although you also enjoy your own company you like interacting with others. It's what puts me off moving to the Isle of Wight (which is actually just a hop across the water from where I live). I know how much I rely on my friends when I struggle with my mental health and you too have good friends who are there for you who would struggle to see much of you if you were living so far away.

It's partly selfish - I would miss you - and I think it might be a really good idea for you in a couple of years when you are stronger emotionally but you have had sooooo much change recently I really think you need now to have a period of stability. You have support from a counsellor and a mental health drop in group which are helping with your healing.

You have a lovely little house that you have made warm, cosy and welcoming. You feel safe there. I wouldn't make any huge changes just yet.

xxx

:thumb:

Look at the silver lining of it. Maybe it's just not meant to be right now. Doesn't mean it can't be in future. xx

Back