• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bob

Bob

Banned
I have been told that I need to introduce myself!

Scary or what?

My name is Bob and I am 26 years old. I have a full head of hair and am slim and muscular and am extremely agreeable, non argumentative and do not have strong opinions about anything…

I am not going to get away with those last few words regarding strong opinions am I?

I have four rabbits which inhabit a shed that is currently undergoing major restoration (The front fell off and I am trying to nail it back on and stick in a few extra bits whilst I am on the job).

The rabbits are called rabbit 1, 2,3, and rabbit 4.

Which is a bit confusing so I have given them nicknames of Taxus, the “old man” of the shed and his daughter Caramel are one pair of Mini Lops. They are both Isobella’s.

With the exception of Hibiscus, they are all the remnants of my breeding stud when I bred for show.. Hibiscus is a blue “broken” pattern and Jordan (The Man) is broken orange! Hibiscus is well… it’s a rabbit with floppy ears… My daughter loves her so that is OK.

Currently they are housed separately in OUTRAGIOUSLY inhumane conditions as they were when they were breeding stock. There goes another debate on the forum!

I believe passionately in animal welfare. I have no tolerance zone for animal rights. That is a human thing invented by humans with nothing better to do in life.

Contrary to popular belief I have absolutely no affiliation with any breeders group. I used to be a member of the BRC when I bred.

However on this issue I do not suffer fools lightly and will stand up for breeders when a comment is made that is ill judged or not based upon actual fact. I have seen and experienced both sides and I do not recognise the myths perpetuated by “either” side.

You may have noticed LOL!

I am proud, however, to be a member of the RWA. And have been for some considerable years and supported them in whatever way I could. Not so sure that they are proud to have me tho... Still, every organisation has its black spots and I am that one!

hELLO AND A HUGE WELCOME TO THE FORUM BOB.....WE LIKE LIVELY CHARACTERS ON HERE, SO YOU WILL BE A FORUM STAR BEFORE YOU KNOW IT. :D
lOOK FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YOU BETTER AND HEARING ALL ABOUT YOUR RABBITING ANTICS.
:D

:lol: Hiya Bob! Thank you for introducing yourself. Did we mention the compulsary cute photographs of bunnies 1,2,3 and 4? (If not Lynda soon will :roll: )

I know a lot of us are a little short on facts when it comes to breeders so hopefully you'll help set us straight and be patient with us whilst we learn ;)

Good luck with the shed DIY!!!

Tamsin

Bob, what's an Isobella? I thought for a mo you had named them both Isobella :oops: :? Then I thought 'no lynda, you numpty!, must be something to do with breeds, Bob's GOT to be a bit more imaginative than that' :lol:

Quite a lot of us here are members of the RWA, are you going to the conference in Bristol?

Oh and Hi and welcome! :lol:

Oh and please can we have some pics? :p

Oh and Adele, is your keyboard stuck on Capital Lock? :p :lol:

couch.gif
whispers so Tam can't hear* anyone got a picture? :D

No, not any more he's one I re-homed last year. Then he came back for a bonding and he's coming back again in October for boarding.
I don't normally do this but his owners won't leave him any where else.

Oh dear...Bob, does this mean I have to "reveal" myself too???? I'll start here by saying that I have an IsAbella too!!! She is.....erm...sort of agouti, extremely pretty and 70% blind with cataracts, she is agile and absolutely adores her ol' man Hamish, who is a very very cheeky boy who nearly feel out of the hutch tonight while leaning down sideways trying to sneak some rock rose leaves!!!! :lol:

Oh dear...Bob, does this mean I have to "reveal" myself too???? I'll start here by saying that I have an IsAbella too!!! She is.....erm...sort of agouti, extremely pretty and 70% blind with cataracts, she is agile and absolutely adores her ol' man Hamish, who is a very very cheeky boy who nearly fell out of the hutch tonight while leaning down sideways trying to sneak some rock rose leaves!!!! :lol:

Lizzie said:
Oh dear...Bob, does this mean I have to "reveal" myself too???? I'll start here by saying that I have an IsAbella too!!! :lol:

It most certainly does Lizzie! I have not read all the replies yet but thanks to all anyway! I will get some pictures up as soon as I can!

Best wishes to all!

Back