• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

escape in the night!

touie

Wise Old Thumper
I was awoken at 3 in the morning by a huge bang followed by the sound of a rabbit tearing around the bedroom at full pelt!

On further investigation it appears that Treacle had somehow managed to charge through the wall of the cage??? When I found him he licked my face so I let him stay out all night!

Just wondering if any one elses rabbits had managed to break through a metal cage before, it's beyond me how he managed it??? :?

Haha! Never underestimate the intelligence and guile of a rabbit!!! When Grace had her spay op, we decided to keep Grace stay in the indoor cage and let Mojo keep her company from the outside. Through the night, Mojo managed to break into the cage and we found them sitting cuddled up together inside the cage in the morning. The cage door usually opened out the way but it was lying inside the cage with them. So, we don't know if it was Mojo or Grace who did it, or if it was a combined effort. Rabbits get up to all sorts of mischief to get their own way don't they! :roll: :lol:

The other day I was happily surfing the net sound in the knowledge that Harvey was downstairs with the dining room doors shut so he couldn't follow me upstairs. Next thing I knew the bold Harvey came bounding up the stair. French doors are apparently no object to a rabbit either :wink:

No, the nearest thing to that was Millie and Keegan live in a run and house thingy in the garden.

Well the 2 of them must have been digging together and i looked out of my bedroom window in the morning I saw both of them happily munching the grass.

Lucky I have a secure garden :wink:

I used to keep a bunny in the garden unfortunately she died earlier this year. Her run was enclosed by a 4 ft fence with another 3 foot of trellace on top! I couldnt work out how she was escaping. It turned out she was climbing the compost and squeezing her frame through the small trellace hole then belly flopping onto the lawn! (she was an obese bunny, quite a feat!!!) not as mind boggling as the cage escape last night though!

I have a pair that I used to call the Houdini rabbits. They discovered how to do a Mario style bounce off a wall jump to get past a piece of wire fencing that they couldn't jump on to to get out into the main garden so they could eat my clematis and roses.

They began to fight and were separated and given boy friends and don't escape anymore. They obviously used to egg each other on - and I got a new, higher gate from the rabbit runs to the main garden. I know they could jump the fence between them, but they don't as they are so territorial (and so in love with their fellas).

Back