• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two Confirmed Cases of RHD2 in London (Both House Rabbits) :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Copied from a FB group posted by Ros (RWAF)

London, N4 confirmed RVHD2 in two pet rabbits. A message has come from a vet nurse who says

''Both rabbits were indoor rabbits and the owner has not been out of London recently. The first rabbit died suddenly at home with no clinical signs and was eating the night before but died overnight. The second rabbit became anorexic and died 4 days later following a seizure. We sent a faecal sample from the first rabbit to PALS vet lab and they confirmed VHD2 strain and was negative for VHD1. As far as I know this is the first confirmed case within the city of London."

:cry:

Lord H cant be vaccinated.................................... :cry:

All the Wildies over the Stables have gone, wiped out :cry:

Lord H cant be vaccinated.................................... :cry:

All the Wildies over the Stables have gone, wiped out :cry:

Poor wildies. We still have some here but I understand it's badly affecting the wild population. Sending 'stay safe' vibes for Lord H.

I'm going to speak with C again about Vaccinating Lord H. He had the Nobivac in May and it was after that that he had a really bad relapse of his gut problems. We nearly lost him :cry: But he had been fine with the Nobivac in previous years.

I feel I am damned if I do vaccinate him and damned if I dont :cry:

I'm going to speak with C again about Vaccinating Lord H. He had the Nobivac in May and it was after that that he had a really bad relapse of his gut problems. We nearly lost him :cry: But he had been fine with the Nobivac in previous years.

I feel I am damned if I do vaccinate him and damned if I dont :cry:

I would hate to be in your position Jane. That must be a really difficult decision to make. Could he have the jab and then combine it with supportive gut medication as a precaution?

I would hate to be in your position Jane. That must be a really difficult decision to make. Could he have the jab and then combine it with supportive gut medication as a precaution?

Just had a long chat with C and on balance we feel the risk of losing him to an adverse reaction to the Vaccine is greater than the risk of RHD2. Also, he actually has an ear infection too now, on top of everything else :cry:

Just had a long chat with C and on balance we feel the risk of losing him to an adverse reaction to the Vaccine is greater than the risk of RHD2. Also, he actually has an ear infection too now, on top of everything else :cry:

I'm sure you're doing the right thing. Hope his ear responds to treatment very quickly.

Back