• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question regarding bonding

hartleyhare

Warren Scout
With Remmi's health declining its not going to be long before Peppermint is alone. I was thinking about whether it might be possible to introduce her to my other bonded pair. From doing some reading I gather that some people have done this. Truthfully, the idea of it horrifies me. I have no experience of this at all. The only three some I had was a buck and a doe. The doe had an unexpected litter and the only surviving baby was adopted by the buck as his own and he helped to raise him and they lived very happily together.

However, introducing 3 adult rabbits is quite different. I'm leaning more towards getting another buck for Peppermint but thought I would ask on here first to find out how to go about it, chances of success and how to prevent them from tearing each other to pieces.

I'm sorry you are in this situation:cry: it may work but depends on the sex and personality of the rabbits. They would all need to be spayed/neutered. There is a risk that it will break the bond of the original pair and you could end up with 3 singles. Have you read the trio bonding sticky? Look at Mischief and tinkers mum, she has a YouTube trio bonding video

I haven't read the sticky, but I will do. And look at YouTube video.

All rabbits are neutered and spayed. Personally I do not think it would work, but thought it worth asking about. My natural inclination is to get Peppermint a new husband. A three some would, no doubt, make life easier for me, but bonding two can be nerve wracking let alone three. Peppermint and Rubi are both strong willed individuals and Hartley is just ......... well, a law unto himself. I am not going to be making any decisions quickly.

I have decided to take Remmi for PTS tomorrow. His head tilt is worse, he cannot walk at all and most of the time he looks sad and unhappy. He perks up when food is about but I think his disabilities outweigh his quality of life.

I haven't read the sticky, but I will do. And look at YouTube video.

All rabbits are neutered and spayed. Personally I do not think it would work, but thought it worth asking about. My natural inclination is to get Peppermint a new husband. A three some would, no doubt, make life easier for me, but bonding two can be nerve wracking let alone three. Peppermint and Rubi are both strong willed individuals and Hartley is just ......... well, a law unto himself. I am not going to be making any decisions quickly.

I have decided to take Remmi for PTS tomorrow. His head tilt is worse, he cannot walk at all and most of the time he looks sad and unhappy. He perks up when food is about but I think his disabilities outweigh his quality of life.

I'm sure you will make the best decision for you and your rabbits. You obviously know them very well :thumb:

I'm so sorry about Remmi, I hope his passing is peaceful. Thinking of you.

I'm sure you will make the best decision for you and your rabbits. You obviously know them very well :thumb:

I'm so sorry about Remmi, I hope his passing is peaceful. Thinking of you.

I couldn't do it. This morning he was perky, sitting up eating hay, looking around, munching his breakfast, even managed to pull himself under the chest of drawers ( favourite lounging place ). He is still the same tonight. I think he must have overheard me talking about PTS.

Back